What's new

SURVIVOR 3 - comments (2 Viewers)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Well, Big Tom found a way to wind up in the final 4, so how dumb was he, really? I thought Tom was a hoot. I'll never forget when he got drunk with Lex, and started calling Lex "Tatoo" (I immediately had flashes of Fantasy Island go through my head). :)

CharlesD

Screenwriter
That was a fun finale. I must asy I did not notice the transition from Africa to the Studio. When I heard the cheering I realized that it was from the studio audience watching the show, I didn't figure it out until the lights came up. Very well done.

I am looking forward to Survivor 4. I like the idea of no rations, but having spent a little time on a similar island in Fiji I am sure they will not have much problem geting food, especially if they figure out how to fish. If you know what you are doing islands like that are veritable buffets!

"Eathen" must have thought that he did not have Brandon's vote, hence his answer and the way it was delivered, or maybe he just can't stand the guy?

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
I kind of noticed they weren't in Africa anymore because of the way that Kim J. looked. She had a clean face and makeup on. Also, the fire in the middle of tribal council didn't look the same as in Africa.

But the whole thing was staged very nicely. A lot of people were fooled.

I'm glad that Ethan won. It's cool to see that nice guys can win. Being a fellow soccer fan, I was rooting for him ever since the whole thing started.

Towards the end of the reunion they mentioned that Survivor 4 would start airing in February. Wow, that's very soon. I ain't complaining though. Can't wait.

Hmmm, could it be that CBS needs as much rating as they can get?

Dave Morton

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
I wasn't really able to follow all of this survivor installment but I did catch the last couple of episodes and thought it was pretty good. I did notice the switch to the studio because, I forget her name but the long blond haired girl, her hair was really poofy in africa and on the show it was flat.

I think the next one will be good. Those south pacific Tahitian islands are georgeous. Reminds me of when I was in Bora Bora.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Ah, what a great final!

I was SO happy that Ethan won, he was the one I wanted to win (after Clarence). He played the game well and with his honor intact.

Lex was just too damn paranoid and took everything so personal. That whole debacle about the vote he got (he thought kelly voted against him, it was Theresa) was just completely unnecessary, and ultimately cost him the victory, IMO. Same thing with him confronting Tom the last day, what the hell was up with that? Tom NEVER voted against Lex, even though he very well could have, knowing that Lex would go if he did. Lex just needs to chill out, he acted like a psycho.

Speaking of psycho's: Kelly... was she trying to pull a Susan Hawk just for the fun of it, or is she really this vengeful and full of hatred? She came acros like a complete jerk.

Same with Brandon. Did he say he was tired of gay stereotypes on TV and wanted to change it? Well, if that means that he wanted to be perceived as a bitchy, flamboyant, ego-centric, feminine sore loser, then he did.

I noticed the switch, but at first I thought they had just touched up Kim J's makeup or something. Then they showed the jury and I noticed the acoustics were different, so I figured they were in a studio. Still, much better than the silly helicopter flight they did last year, it wouldn't have worked again.

Kim J made the right choice in bringing Ethan, I think. It seems that Lex would have won over her, even if it didn't look that way to us in the audience, and she obviously rather wanted Ethan to win.

Jessie Camacho looked GREAT in the studio, very different from the show...

I'm excited about next season, I'm glad it starts so soon, in February according to a poster above. I can hardly wait!

/Mike

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
Great finale. Kim J winning the last two immunities really threw a monkey wrench in the works and it was great we had to see the Lex-Ethan-Tom alliance cut one of their own. I'm not sure who to believe in the whole Tom vs. Kim J scrap. Why is it that when there is controversy on Survivor (beef jerkey, beans, Tom supposedly telling Kim J to take Lex out) that a cameraman is never around?

My opinion of Kelly went down, but I understand that she felt betrayed by her alliance. (I haven't watched the Bryant Gumble special yet...taped it...so I don't know if she got over it yet).

I don't know how Ethan could have answered Brandon's question in a PC way. Of all the people on the jury, Brandon was the least deserving person to be in the final two. He was lazy when it came to work, and you couldn't trust him any further than you could throw him (and let's face it, you could throw Brandon pretty far).

I am glad that the person I wanted to win did. Once again, how it happened I didn't see coming. You got to hand it to Kim J. She won the first immunity because she cared enough about her tribemates to learn about them. And she outlasted the two jocks on the endurance test (I give props to Teresa for beating Clarence in the earlier endurance test).

Hugh Jackes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Hugh Jackes
Tidbit:
A female DJ was interviewing Brandon on a local LA radio station this morning. She asked for his autograph and he wrote, "From one bitch to another, Brandon {WhatevertheHell}. Pretty funny, IMO. He knows how he comes off.
PS Then he started bitching about getting ticketed for smoking in a public restroom here in California, that that wouldn't happen in Texas. The funny thing was, he said he was busted in the ladies' room.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
Well, Big Tom found a way to wind up in the final 4, so how dumb was he, really?
Dumb enough to offer cover and votes to three other people and then be discarded by them as soon as he was no longer needed, I'd say. :) He was the class clown who the popular kids let hang around until things got serious. I will, however, acknowledge his cunning skill at checkers as revealed in a previous episode. ;)
Regards,

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
. Did he say he was tired of gay stereotypes on TV and wanted to change it? Well, if that means that he wanted to be perceived as a bitchy, flamboyant, ego-centric, feminine sore loser, then he did.
:laugh::laugh:
I'm willing to bet he's got a guest spot on Will & Grace in his future.
Am I the only one who thought for sure it was him who listed "manipulating men" as a skill on his application. I was rather surprised to find it wasn't. :laugh:
As for the rest of it, I can't say it excited me too much. There was nobody in it this time that I really felt deserved to win. Ethan may be a Mr. Nice Guy, but I found him quite boring throughout.
Still, can't wait for the next one!

Rob Robinson

Second Unit
how can they air the next season in february?

the application isn't due until Feb 8th, and it says filming is in june...unless it's for Survivor 5?

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
Rob - you've answerred your own question.

Survivor apps are going to be for 2 seasons after whatever season is airing/just finished, not the season immediately following.

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
Damn, I wish they would let Canadians on the show. I'd love to give it a shot.

How about you guys?

Shawn C

Screenwriter
I'm one of the people who actually wanted Big Tom to win! Tom might not have the best spelling skills and he might be a little red-necky, but he's no dummy. I thought he played the game as well as anyone else could. If Kim hadn't won the second to last challenge, I think you have seen a Tom/Lex final two.

Tom would have won that! Lex got ALOT of votes against him before and he would have been gone earlier if he hadn't won all of those immunity challenges. I think all of those votes against him would have been there again if he was in the final two. I really don't remember anyone holding a grduge against Tom for anything that he did. He would have had more than enough votes to win.

Shawn C

Screenwriter
...and another thing. I think it took ALOT of guts for Ethan to tell Brandon that he was the least deserving of all of them to win the million. He was being honest. If I was voting and I didn't know who to vote for, that would have won me over.

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
I do think Ethan's dig (honest though it may be) was unwise strategy, but it served Brandon right. He even admitted that he was just trying to set them up for a final bout of Frank-bashing. God knows, I think Frank's a frickin' lunatic who should seriously consider some pharmaceutical options for controlling his sociopathy, but I can't think of any of the juried survivors less deserving to win than Brandon.

But, golly, it sure seemed Ethan was doing everything in his power to lose that final vote!

LDfan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeffrey
Anyone applying for the next survivor? I have the application in front of me. Deadline is Feb. something. Worth a shot.

Jeff

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Damn, I wish they would let Canadians on the show. I'd love to give it a shot.
Me too, but I'm not an American citizen so I'm not eligible. Why do they have the citizenship rule anyway? :angry:
I have no clue how far I'd make it though, but it sure would be fun to give it a shot. Hell, even if I was voted out first, I'd get a 3-day, all expenses paid wildlife trip, not too shabby. :)
/Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks