What's new

surrounds (1 Viewer)

Nick_Dom

Auditioning
what speakers should i use for rears, surrounds. Im looking at the paradigm adp's. should i use them for rears or surrounds. i have studio 100,studio cc,pw2200 upfront. ill be running them on avm20 and pva7.I was thinkingabout getting studio 20 or 40 and adp's.or should i get 2 pairs of adps?thanks

Nick_Dom

Auditioning
btw the dealer would give me the studio 20's for 625 cdn plus tax and the studio 40 and adp for 799/pair. Ive basically ruled out the 20's though. should i get studio 40 and adp or 2 pairs of adp's. thanks

Paul Gere

Second Unit
Nick,
I have a very similar setup to yours and just recently moved from 5.1 to 7.1. I have the AVM-20 and Studio 100's, Studio CC, Studio ADP's and Studio 20's.

I'd suggest you consider ADP's as side surrounds and 20's for rears. The dipole ADP's will give you diffuse, non-directional soundfield at the sides and the 20's will give localization at the rear of the room for things like flyovers, etc. I'm very pleased with this setup as it provides a true 360 degree surround effect.

I think ADP's in the back of the room would reduce localization and may even start creating cancellation problems with all those drivers firing at once. Also, if you're using a sub, going with 40's is overkill, as you'd probably be crossing over at around 80hz.

Hope this helps!

Mike_Gr

Stunt Coordinator
This is where preference comes into play. Some prefer using all ADP's. Others will prefer using ADPs for side surrounds and studios for the rears.

If your dealer will allow you a few days to experiment in your own home, try both configurations and let your ears decide which you like best.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks