What's new

Surrounds to Go With Paradigm Mini-Mk3 and CC-300? (1 Viewer)

Brent_N

Stunt Coordinator
Can someone recommend surrounds to go with my older model Paradigm Mini-Mk3 fronts and CC-300 center channel speakers?

I am currently finishing a basement and have yet to purchase a receiver (or RPTV for that matter). The way the room is configured, the main sitting position will be right up against the back wall.

Should I go with ceiling or wall mounted speakers or get something like the Atoms or Titans or ADP-170s? I am on a self imposed budget so I would lean towards the lesser expensive speakers that would compliment my current Paradigms, but not necessarily match them exactly.

Even an older model Paradigm speaker that I could find on Ebay would be helpful.

Thanks

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
For placement reasons, I would not go with inwall or ceiling speakers. They work, but are not always ideal. There are Titans on Audiogon.com right now for $160 including shipping. The Titans match well enough, as that are what I am using as surrounds currently (2 Titans + CC170 as a rear center), with Monitor 5s and a CC370.

What is a CC-300? Never heard of it.

Brent_N

Stunt Coordinator
Here is the CC-300 and Mini-Mk3s from a few years back...
Paradigm CC-300
Paradigm Mini-Mk3
The MK3s will be sitting on bookshelves on either side of the RPTV, but the only option for the rear is to use speaker stands or wall brackets of some sort.
Since my couch will be right up against the back wall, where should the Titans (or other speakers) be positioned and how should they be mounted?
Thanks

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
You could put either the ADPs or the Titans on stands. In Paradigm's manual, they actually show ADPs on stands in the corners at 45deg. reflecting off the rear and side walls. You could also mount either of them on the wall, but the ADPs might be tougher to place, if your couch is against the wall. Paradigm carries their own, reasonably priced brackets on their website.

Interesting - CC-300. I have never heard of, or seen this model, yet it looks very similar to the 370 except that it is front ported.

Check Audiogon.com for Titans. There was a pair listed for $160 including shipping.

BradJudy

Stunt Coordinator
Interesting - CC-300. I have never heard of, or seen this model, yet it looks very similar to the 370 except that it is front ported.
The CC-300 is from the same generation of Paradigm speakers as the MiniMk3. I have a pair of MiniMk3s I have used for a few years and have enjoyed them.

Doing some quick searching it doesn't look like there are any Paradigm ADP speakers on eBay or Audiogon at the moment. Is there a local shop near you that sells good used speakers?

Users who are viewing this thread