What's new

Surrounds on the floor firing up??? (1 Viewer)

AaronD

Stunt Coordinator
Whats the best solution for placing surrounds when the listening position is backed up against a wall with side walls that aren't equidistant (Like R - 2', L-10').
I think I read something on dolby's site about placing the surrounds on the floor behind the listening position firing up? Edit: I found the Link Removed (Figure 12.B). What do you think about this solution??
Thanks,
Aaron

Dave Schofield

Second Unit
The only problem with having your speakers that way is how to deal with the wires. If you can get some sort of hollow box to set them on (where hte only contact is with the outer 'rim' of the speaker then you are fine, otherwise you'll end up squishing the wire. I would think, too, that it isn't feasible to just put wooden pieces under each corner, as they'll slide gradually with the speaker gently hopping up and down.

Another thing to think about is dust, I would think a speaker in that orientation will collect a lot of dust. I don't know that this is a problem, but I would personally feel uncomfortable having my speakers this way.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks