What's new
World Wide Stereo

surrounds for my C2s & AC300 (1 Viewer)

Thomas_Riel

Agent
I am trying to find surrounds for my Energy's without breaking the bank. I know the correct application is the RVSS surrounds from Energy. I can't seem to locate them except from Audioexcellence.com which has them at $439 plus. Is it really necessary that I have these as my surrounds or can I substitute them efficiently for a lower price surround setup? My room is not that big and I am powering them with a Sony DA4ES.

As always, thanks........................ Tom

John Dunlap

Stunt Coordinator
I wouldn't worry too much about timbre matching surrounds. I doubt that you would hear any adverse effect of using surrounds with different tweeters than your front 3. Why not check out the Energy C-1's from the new Connoiseur line. I bought some for $269 last year and I think they sound great.

Robert_Z

Screenwriter
I have an AC-300 and a pair of C-5s. I use Paradigm Titans for surrounds. I think unless you intend to listen to a lot of 5-channel music, you don't have to worry too much about getting the "proper" surrounds.

As for me, I did buy a pair of C-1s, which were meant to replace the Titans so I could have an all Energy system. But, I never got around to buying the wall mounts for the C-1s...I really did not feel the need. The Paradigms are more than adequate. The Energy C-1s are great little speakers, but the worst $200 expense of my life.

Chris Sherman

Second Unit
I've got a pair of Sound Dynamics THR-BP1 surrounds white , in mint condition. They are made in Canada by API the same manufacturer as Energy and Mirage. They are bipolar surrounds with 2- 5 1/4" woofers and 2- 1/2" titanium tweeters, binding posts speaker connections. Originally $300pr. will sell for $90.00 pr. email me [email protected] if interested.

Thomas_Riel

Agent
Thanks all,
My intentions are to start a 5 channel musical system. I'm leaning toward DVD-A as of now because I prefer their titles. My main interest is music and I would prefer my surrounds to be musically inclined. The Paradign Titans sound intriguing as do the C1's. I would entertain any suggestions.

As always,thanks................... Tom

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuperMarty88
Recent bookmarks