What's new

Surrounds for Eros Fronts.... (1 Viewer)

Jason Dalton

Stunt Coordinator
I'm considering making a trio of Eros, for my front LCR in a future dedicated theater. I don't know what I would do for surrounds though. I don't want to use the expensive Vifa/Scan Speak drivers for surrounds, it seems like it would be a waste of their talents (and my money!).

Its practically gospel that the drivers in the front three speakers should be the same, but is it true for the rears as well. Will having dissimilar drivers in the rear cause front to back panning to be disjointed? I'm not sure.

Anyone have any opinions/suggestions/cold hard facts( :laugh: )?

cacu

Stunt Coordinator
I've recently built a pair of Eros for my front mains. I'd like to build a center channel. Do you have plans for the Center? Is it going to be horizontal placement?

Jason Dalton

Stunt Coordinator
I was just going to build an identical third floorstander for the center. Its going to be behind a projection screen.

Jason Dalton

Stunt Coordinator

Yeah, I have yet to jump into the multichannel music scene (mostly for lack of funds), but regardless, the Eros system would be in a dedicated home theater so I don't think multichannel music would be that important.

If I was to have a separate multichannel system I would certainly go that route though, thanks.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks