What's new

Surrounds at less thn 90 degrees? (1 Viewer)

David Grove

Stunt Coordinator
A few weeks ago I was browsing audio and HT magazines at our local library. I think I saw an article suggesting an unorthodox placement of surround speakers. I thought it spoke of "side" surrounds at slightly less than 90 degrees. As a matter of curiosity, I have tried to "refind" that material, but to no avail. I'm thinking it was probably in the "usual suspects" of audio/HT magazines.

At this point, I'm not sure if I really did see such an article, or if I misinterpreted something (it was browsing session, not a reading session), or just dreamed it.

Has any seen anything relatively recently, regarding non-conventional placement of surround speakers? I don't even remember the context, but think it must have been 7.1 because it would make even less sense for 5.1.

DG

Chris A H

Stunt Coordinator
The Dolby Guide to Home Theater has an "Alternative surround speaker placement alternatives" section that discusses different ways to place surrounds; like facing upwards from behind, bouncing the sound off the back and/or side walls at various angles, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks