What's new

Surround Weather - Very cool! (1 Viewer)

Andrew W

Supporting Actor
Some friends came over and we watched Identity last night. There was a storm with thunder, lighting and rain going on at the same time as the movie which was pretty cool since almost the entire movie was set in the same weather.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
From the title, I was going to respond "Doesn't weather surround us all the time?" :D

This reminds me of the "Twister" movie that was shown in Canada (I believe) where an actual twister knocked down the screen at a drive-in (just like in the movie).

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Gotta check those sources
I know :b I was thinking about the possibility of an Urban Legend. I do remember hearing about the tornado hitting at the exact moment it hit in the movie, but I figured that was the embelished part of the story. Oh well...

Anyways, the twister did hit while the movie was there - it's just that nobody was watching it when it happened.

p.s. Did you hear about the guy who was watching Jaws at the drive-in and a shark crashed through his window and ate him! I believe it happened in Arizona :D

Todd Hochard

Senior HTF Member
I dig it, too. I was watching Twister during a thunderstorm (not hard here in central FL), and it was hard to discern which was which. Actually, this was way back in late '97, on the first day I had gotten my first Dolby Digital receiver. Needless to say, I was impressed.:emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks