Surround speakers

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mickey Geer, Nov 16, 2002.

1. Mickey Geer

Mickey Geer Agent

I am looking at some JBL speakers to use as surrounds. My front 3 are Klipsch 2.2 The room isnt very big, 13X15 or so. Will I be ok with the N-24 II or should I go for the S36-II's? Also if anyone knows if either of these speakers come with wall mounting brackets, I would appreciate the info. I am looking for a decent speaker that wont break the bank. I thought about the Klipsch Quintet but havent heard much about them either. Also I looked at the Klipsch ss.5 from the synergy line. Any ideas or recommendations , feel free to tell me. Thanks

2. Mickey Geer

Mickey Geer Agent

No one has an opinion on any of these speakers?

3. Aaron Smithski

Aaron Smithski Stunt Coordinator

Mickey,
    I would try to use speakers from the same manufacturer as your fronts.
    The Quintets may surprise you! They are rated down to 100 Hz (the LFE cutoff point for surrounds when set to SMALL) and belt out a ton of sound for their diminutive size. They also have a great swiveling mounting bracket built-in to them . You can find these ALL OVER eBay for about $90 shipped to your door.
    I just set up my sister with an all-Klipsch home theater using KSB1.1's (a bit bigger than the Quintets, using a 5.25" woofer) for the mains, a KSCC1 center speaker, and a pair of Quintets for surrounds. This little system is pretty impressive for under $300! [​IMG]
    Aaron