What's new

Surround Speakers (1 Viewer)

Tanto

Auditioning
I want to install surround speakers for home theater but the probles is the wiring. I do not want the wires running along the living room. I thought about installing the wires in the walls and letting the end bare to accept the speakers. The question is how this wire connects to the amplifier surround output? How about a wall speakers panel next to the amplifier? How many inputs will I need if I want to have 4 surround speakers?

John Titan

Stunt Coordinator
Tanto,

I'm having trouble understanding your question but i'll take a shot at it. If you run wire through your wall it has to be CL-3 rated wire (fire rating) or it will have to be run in a conduit of some type (PVC, Greenfield, ETC.) You can install a plate on the wall behind the receiver that has snap in binding post some thing like thisjacks and they go into thisplate

Every speaker will need a positive and negative. Not sure if that is what you meant. Hope this helps.

Don.l

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Don
Yeah, kind of hard to get the crust of the question. You can do as suggested or you can have the wire come straight out of the wall. The hardest part for you is going to be feeding wire through the walls. You will have to cut holes in various spots. You could also remove the floor trim and run it under that and then put the floor time back in place.

Don

Tanto

Auditioning
Sorry for not putting the question correctly but I guess you got right. If I understood your replies well, I will connect the one end of the in-wall wire to the back wall plate and the other end to the speakers. Then the wire from the amplifier will be connected to the wall plate's banana inputs.
Is anyone aware of a site shipping cables and platew world wide?

Thank u all for answering

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks