What's new

Surround speakers (1 Viewer)

KevinFC

Stunt Coordinator
i am replacing my surrounds and i have polk r50's as my fronts right now. And i am wondering should i replace my back surround with another pair of r50 or a set of r30 or would on wall surrounds be better? The surround are my last step in this phase of ht upgrade. I have upgraded my center and added a rear center. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

John S

Senior HTF Member
I'm a pretty big advocate of the same exact speaker in all locations. So I'd give r50's a big thumbs up.

KevinFC

Stunt Coordinator
well im replacing polk r15's on my wall. Would the sound be better coming off the wall or from a tower on the floor?

John S

Senior HTF Member
Not the answer you want, but your particular room is going to have more of a bearing on that than anything else.

KevinFC

Stunt Coordinator
The living room is 12X14, and the room does have carpet. Currently i have a pair CS13's as my front and rear center, Polk no longer sells the center to match the r series :frowning:, but the cs at polk said either the cs1 or 2 or the CSi 3 would go fine with the r series :D. Any other details i can provide i will. As i stated before, This is my last piece of the system to be upgraded until we move back home and i actually will have a basement.

Also, any comments on earthquake subs? I picked up one real cheap at CES. I got the MKIV-10 and it seems to do a pretty nice job for the price.

KevinFC

Stunt Coordinator
Fry's here has the r30's on sale in the fridays paper for 99.98 a pair. My question is now answered

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks