Surround Speakers for Infinity RS5 and CC2 setup

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeff Graves, Oct 1, 2001.

1. Jeff Graves

Jeff Graves Auditioning

Hello all!!
    Well - I'm finally ready (and able) to purchase surround speakers for my home theater. Can anybody give me a good recommendation for surrounds for a system comprised of Infinity RS5 and CC2 in the front?
    How about the JBL N24 or N26? Since they are from the same parent company would the sound be comparable? I'm trying to find a decent speaker at a good price and those two seem to possibly fit the bill.
    TIA for any and all suggestions!!
    Jeff

2. Nischal

Nischal Auditioning

Hey!
    Ubid has some Infinity hts20 speakers that are supposedly voice matched to the reference series. They are refurbished and were originally part of a package. They are the same as the Infinity US-1 speaker that is sold at circuit city. Take a look. good luck
    Nischal

3. Jeff Graves

Jeff Graves Auditioning

Are these good speakers? The appear to be relatively light weight?
    Anybody have any experiences with them?

4. Gene Severn

Gene Severn Stunt Coordinator

I have a similar setup...RS4's in the front, CC3 center, and a BU-2 sub, and RS2's for the rears running off my Denon 3300. See if you can find some RS2's on ebay, or Harmon audio...

5. John Morton

John Morton Stunt Coordinator

I'd recommend being patient and looking for another pair of RS-5s. I have RS-5s for fronts, a CC-3 center, RS-5s FOR REARS, and an Infinity HPS-1000 sub. The system ROCKS!!
    I started with RS-3s for rears, and would recommend those if you're budget is limited (I saw a pair of RS-3s on e-bay for $125 a few weeks ago). However, the difference going to the RS-5s for rears was incredible. You can get a pair on e-bay for $350-$425. The other benefit is you won't have to worry about speaker stands!!
    ------------------

6. Brian W. Ralston

Brian W. Ralston Supporting Actor

Brian W. Ralston
    I would also recommend that you go with Infinity surrounds. This will give you the best assurance that they will sonically match your other speakers. I am running RS-5s in the front and rear with a CC-3 for the center and an SVS 20-39PC for the sub. I am VERY happy with this setup.
    ------------------
    Regards,
    Brian W. Ralston
    "Success is a journey, not a destination." - Unknown

7. Alf S

Alf S Banned
    BANNED

Alfer
    Jeff,
    I just emailed you some info you may be interested in.
    Alfer
    ------------------
    Check out my new Home Theater site and my NEW HT 6.1 Pic's at The Enormodome
    Join my new Yahoo "Club Enormodome" for LIVE HT and DVD chats at: Club Enormodome