What's new

Surround speaker suggestions? (1 Viewer)

hokiehokiehokiehi

Auditioning
Real Name
Derek
I'm looking to spend up to $300 on the pair. Currently have Polk monitor 75Ts as mains with a 25c center. What are my best options for the surrounds? It seems like matching the surrounds isn't as important as the center/mains so I'm open to any brand, though I love the Polks. My only real limitation is that my setup is in the middle of a decent sized room so i can't use in-wall speakers; these will be set up on stands.

Anything I need to consider that I didn't mention? Thanks!

hokiehokiehokiehi

Auditioning
Real Name
Derek
Really? Are they not too big? I didn't think floorstanding speakers would be ideal for rear surrounds. My impression was that typically they need to be placed above ear level, which these couldn't be. Is that not true? Also, being floorstanding, they don't seem ideal for the middle of a room.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
All speakers should be ear height...when seated. Towers fit that nicely.And...Within the same brand/series, the bigger speakers are more efficient than their smaller siblings. Which means, it takes less power to achieve the same volume.My main theatre is towers in all 6 positions.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Comparing the 45b to the 75t...A pair of 45b, with a decent stand, is around $300(based on Amazon).Two 75t is $450.Depends if the extra 1db of efficiency the 75t provides, is worth it...to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks