What's new

Surround speaker placement (1 Viewer)

RandyWebb

Agent
My setup will be in a room that opens at the back to the kitchen. The right of the seating area is also open (to the living room), so mounting the speakers next to and above the seating area, like the Dolby site recommends, will be impossible.

I will have to put the surrounds on the sidewalls back in the kitchen area. My wife will go for this if I put them near the end of the kitchen cabinetry. This means that the surrounds will be about 5 feet behind the listening area. Will this make a big difference?...Should I use mounts where I can direct the sound slightly forward? Should I aim the speakers so they point toward the couch?

BTW..I am talking about Polk RTI28's as surrounds,RTI38 fronts and a CSI40 center with a HSU VTF-2 Sub and an HK525 receiver.

GrahamT

Supporting Actor
Randy, you got some nice equipment but a not such an ideal room. If you put the 28s in the kitchen definitely aim them forward. Maybe you can mount them to the ceiling closer to the listening position on swivel mounts. I have seen them at home depot for about $30.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks