What's new

Surround speaker placement advice (1 Viewer)

Ron Eastman

Second Unit
My new speaker brackets will be arriving on Friday and I'd like to have some opinions on placement.
Currently, my direct-radiating rear speakers (Paradigm Mini Monitors) are positioned so the tweeter is roughly in-line with the viewers' heads while sitting on the sofa. The new speaker brackets (seen in this link) will put the speaker out from the wall a couple of inches and can accommodate a 10-degree tilt up or down. Since the speakers will be right next to a room entryway (Link Removed) I would prefer to have them as high as possible to keep them from being bumped while people enter and exit the room.
I'm thinking of placing the speakers 6-12" below the 8-foot ceiling. Creating a more diffuse rear soundfield is not a problem as I've always appreciated the diffuse nature of dipoles for rears. Would you place them this high? If not, how high would you place them?

jason celaya

Stunt Coordinator
Sounds like a perfect hieght to me, keep them high to diffuse sound...you could even point them slightly towards the rear wall to increase effect.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks