Surround Sound Recomendations please.

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by Henri C, May 27, 2006.

1. Henri C

Henri C Auditioning

I am looking for a surround sound system that is good quality. I would prefer a Sony system but others will work. Also would be nice if it came with a DVD player because mine is really bad. Thanks for all the help. Also would like to keep it $300 and below if possible.

2. Brian Osborne

Brian Osborne Stunt Coordinator

Your not going to get much for that price, but here is one.

http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTE...eater_HTSeries

I have a similar sony HTiB in my master bedroom. It performs pretty well for an inexpensive system, it'll supprisingly fill the large 14x21 room with nice clear sound. Mine is also a CD/MP3/DVDAudio/SACD player and radio as well. I'm pretty sure the newer model has the same options.

I would love to tell you to get an Onkyo, or HK, or even a Pioneer, but nothing really in the price range. Check out Best Buy, if you can afford an Onkyo set up, do it.

3. Chris Gerhard

Chris Gerhard Screenwriter

Chris Gerhard
    The Yamaha DVX-C700 is complete with DVD player that handles SACD and DVD-Audio in addition to DVD-V and of course CD. Best Buy in Little Rock had it for $350 on closeout.

Chris

4. Chris Gerhard

Chris Gerhard Screenwriter

Chris Gerhard

No Sony player plays DVD-Audio. Is this Sony system just the receiver and speakers and player another brand?

Chris

5. Brian Osborne

Brian Osborne Stunt Coordinator

No, your right. Its the DVD/Amp with satelite speakers and sub. It doesn't have DVDAudio.

6. Henri C

Henri C Auditioning

Thank abunch for the ideas. I jumped on the Sony DAV-DZ100 Home Theater system. Got it for a low price on ebay(I know im a cheap ass). Hopefully its a good system.

7. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

This thread, while helpful to Henri, is not what we want to see posted here in the Basics area. Please understand, this area is for general discussion of home theater at the beginner level, not for making purchasing recommendations. In the future, please post such questions in the appropriate hardware-related area. Thank you.