Surround Sound Receiver Recommendation

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ryan Wetenhall, Nov 19, 2002.

1. Ryan Wetenhall

Hey, my old stereo just broke, so I am looking to get a surround sound receiver that comes with a 5.1 speaker system. I am looking for something around or less than $200. I would like for it to supporst DTS. Thanks!

2. Rich Chiavaroli

Rich Chiavaroli Stunt Coordinator

You want the receiver _and_ the speakers for around 200?
    For that price, you're just going to have to find about the cheapest thing you can. Doing a quick search of some of the major stores, the cheapest HTIB I could find that supported DTS was a little under $300. I couldn't find any HTIB's that were under $200, regardless of features.
    Just for refrence, what a lot of people consider "budget" receivers run over $200, and budget speaker packages run that much without a sub. A budget sub can be had for $125.
    If the price is the biggest concern, head over to www.pricescan.com and find something cheap.

3. Bill Will

Bill Will Screenwriter

See the post "Good Inexpensive Receivers" this post should be able to help you out.

4. Bill Will

Bill Will Screenwriter

Sorry, din't see that you also needed speakers & Rich is right! I would save up some more money in the end you will be glad you did.