What's new

Surround sound problem or not? (1 Viewer)

mark laf

Auditioning
Hi.I recently purchased a cheap mini Surround sound by Sharp.Then problem is when watching t.v and somtimes a movie the center channel sound wonders to the left speaker.Very annoing.Do you think this is a problem?Any input welcome.Thanks..Mark

Marc Rochkind

Second Unit
I'm not sure if I can help, but some more info would be useful:

1. How many speakers are you using? 3? 5? 6?

2. When the sound wanders, is it with a Dolby Digital source and the receiver set to Dolby Digital? Or, Dolby Surround/Pro Logic?

3. Did you calibrate the system with test tones and a sound meter?

4. How are the speakers arranged? Distances, height off the floor, etc.?

5. Does it wander with all sources, or only particular DVDs?

mark laf

Auditioning
Hi....6 speakers.The 2 bookself speakers are about 3 feet apart,on a enterainment stand,about 5 feet off the floor with the center speaker on top of the system between the 2 bookshelf speakers.It happens when i watch t.v more than a movie.It happens in Dolby prologic.My system has a center channel option called "phantom"for systems without a center speaker.It does it in that mode too.It wanders more on some channels of t.v than others and less fequently when watching a movie.I do have a test thing to test the volume of each channels but havent did it with a sound meter.My cable antenna runs to my stereo vcr then has phono jacks going to my mini theater system.Could the vcr be the problem?..Thank you for your input..Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks