What's new

Surround sound, Paradigm and input questions (1 Viewer)

Chip Z

Auditioning
Finally finishing my basement home theater this month and would appreciate any input regarding speakers. I have Yamaha RXV-995 receiver, Paradigm studio 60s, dvd, ps2, xbox. Sanyo Z2 pj and Motorola 6208 HDTV cable box are coming soon.

The room is about 15 ft. wide, 25 ft. long, 9 ft. drop ceiling. Painted drywall walls. Carpeted floor.

Budget is about $2500 for the surrounds, center channel, and sub.

I expect to use the system for about 25% gaming, 40% dvd, 35% hdtv. I am also big into music and expect to get DVD/SACD shortly.

Local outlet suggested Paradigm cc470, Paradigm adp 470 surrounds, and Paradigm pw-2200 sub. I think I’m going to go with the Paradigm center channel and surrounds, but would be open to other suggestions. Further, I don’t know much about subs. Would the (significantly cheaper) PB1-ISD SVS sub be a good option?

Am also considering holding off on the purchase of the subs, center channel, and surrounds until I can save up some more $$$. Until I get those, I’ll be listening to everything thru the studio 60s. Should I just connect the DVD, game consoles, and cable box to the stereo inputs on the receiver? Would there be any benefit to using the digital inputs?

Thanks in advance,

Chip

wes18

Agent
Real Name
Mark
I have the Studio 20's, CC470, ADP 470, and Servo 15. Love em. Take your time mounting the ADPs. They are not light. I found the mounting hardward easy to use.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks