What's new

Surround Sound Bars (1 Viewer)

Zach

Agent
...I know are no match for a good 5.1 or 7.1 setup, but due to space, and a curious 2 year old, one may be a necessary evil, at least for a few years.

Can anyone actually recommend one? Are they all pathetic? I've read reviews on both ends of the spectrum. I'm coming from an Energy XL series 5.1 setup driven by a Sony ES receiver.

Is it possible to use a Yammy or Polk sound bar and keep the sub included in the setup? Will I get the sense of any sort of surround sound? Am I wasting my money? Should I just use the TV speakers until my daughter's curiosity wanes? I'm so torn.

I know this is heresy!

Zach

Agent
Arthur - thanks for the link, and I respect HSU's reputation, but I really need a single speaker solution. I have an older Energy Take 5 that would've fit the "smaller" bill.

After reading a lot on the subject, I think I've resolved to try out the Yammy YSP-800 with matching slim sub. It will certainly be a step down from what I'm used to, but should accomplish the main goal...my ease of mind. No worries of crashing sats, etc.

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
Hi Zach

Sound like a good choice. I find the picture under your name to be very cute. Would you mind saying who is in the picture?

Happy New Year

PS Please feel free to ask about most anything of an AV/HT nature.

Zach

Agent
Just a quick follow up.

Got my YSP-800 and Yammy sub set up tonight. During the test tones I had to call my wife in to listen. Neither of us could believe the ability of this one speaker to throw 5.1 signals around the room. Really amazing.

In short, I highly recommend this unit to those in search of a one for all speaker solution. I can't even believe I'm saying this!

MarcusDiddle

Stunt Coordinator
Zach, are you still around? I know I'm bringing this topic up from the dead, but was hoping to get your impressions on the YSP-800 now that you've been using it for nearly 8 months. I've currently got a decent 5.1 setup, but the speakers are almost overkill for my room, and the allure of a single unit that achieves the same effect is tempting.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks