What's new

Surround Sound Advice (1 Viewer)

Real Name
Brandon
I own 57" Toshiba Hd TV in which I have Dvd, HD DVR, and PS2 connected (DVD and PS2 Component Connection & HD DVR is HDMI output to DVI Input on TV)

I am looking for a middle of the pack surround sound receiver capable of Dolby Digital 5.1 as well as other formats. After little research I found a Pioneer VSX 1015 TX and a Sony STR- DG800 receiver in my price range ($200-$300). Of these two which one is the better receiver? Or is there something as good or better I can get for a similar price?

Thank-you

Alon Goldberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Alon Goldberg
If you can stretch your budget by just a few dollars, take a look at the Yamaha RX-V659. It can be found as low as $325 on pricegrabber. This is one of the most capable budget receivers on the market.

Real Name
Brandon
Thank-you. I will definately look into that one. Does anyone else have an opinion? I would appreciate as much feedback as possible.

thanks again!

Seth=L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Seth L
Do you have speakers already, if so what are they? If no speakers what did you have in mind?

Real Name
Brandon
I would say my primary interest is sporting events, closely followed by movies.
Not so much worried about music, I already have a nice Stereo system

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks