What's new

surround placement???? (1 Viewer)

Sheldon-m

Stunt Coordinator
I HAVE A SMALL PROBLEM. I HAVE THE FLAUNCE AV-BP2 BI-POLAR
SPEAKERS. I'M GOING TO HAVE A 6.1 SET UP. SO MY QUESTION IS SHOULD I HAVE THREE SPEAKERS(SURR) ON THE BACK WALL OR HAVE TWO ON THE SIDES AND ONE IN THE BACK. IF I HAVE THE TWO ON THE SIDES. WHAT HEIGHT FROM SEATING POSITION SHOULD I HAVE THEM? I'VE HEARD 2' TO 3'. I HEARD 7 ' FROM THE FLOOR. CAN ANYONE GIVE SOME ADVISE. THX.

Heath_E

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Sheldon, turn the caps lock off. I would place two on the sides and one on the back wall. I have bipolar surrounds, and I mounted mine 2' above my head when sitting. Works great for me.

Sheldon-m

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Heath_E how much sound should be coming out of the surrounds? I hooked them up cranked up LOTR 2 towers, and it seemed that most of the sound was coming from the mains.
the surr were on. Can you think of anything I can do? what should i be listening for? This is my first system. i'm in the black on most of this stuff. If anyone can help? Thx

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
I suggest a review of the HTF Primer and FAQ, particularly the sections on calibration. Use the link in my signature.

M.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks