What's new

Surround Mode Indicator (1 Viewer)

Lando P

Agent
On my AVR-510's front panel surround mode indicator, the "Dolby Digital" light would stay on only for a couple of minutes after I turned the receiver on. Then the light would go off while the rest remain lit.

The unit's still under warranty, but the wait of 10 - 14 days plus the inconvenience of taking out and putting back all the cable and wire connections is just too much for a supposedly minor problem like this.

Has anyone had a similar problem? Or does anybody have any idea whether this could be a DIY fix? I would appreciate your input.

Regards

Brian Ruth

Supporting Actor
Lando:

Are you sure that a Dolby Digital signal is still being fed into the receiver after the light goes out?

Lando P

Agent
Yes, and before this problem showed up, even if it's another format/mode like DTS or Logic 7, the "Dolby Digital" mode indicator would stay lit while the receiver was on.

Thank you.

JackS

Supporting Actor
Lando- Check the OM, this might be an option for the display that you overlooked. Also the DD indicator should blink out during DTS or other non DD source. You might try cycling through the display mode on your remote if uou have this function. Hopefully it's somthing simple that you're overlooking. Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks