What's new

Surrogates - starring Bruce Willis (1 Viewer)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Yeah, I watched the trailer a few weeks ago on Dave's page, and thought it looked interesting; but it also seemed a little bit like a Richard K Morgan piece just dumbed down some. I'm interested to see where it goes.

Dennis Castro

Second Unit
I can't wait to see this. Some of this was filmed about two blocks from were I live in Lynn MA last summer. Every morning waiting for the commuter rail I could see crew people blocking off the streets and stuff. Also when coming home we could see choppers with cameras circling over head over the downtown Lynn area.

There was also an empty lot that they were using. It had a pile of junk and debris, also a burned out hulk of an MBTA bus and a car.I had also heard that they used the inside of one of the buildings downtown as well. It will be interesting to see how much of downtown Lynn will be recognizable after all the graphics and FX are added

I believe some of this was filmed in Worcester MA as well.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Looks interesting, although it seems like a big budget picture to be releasing at the end of September, but whatever, it looks cool. Glad it seems to avoid Blade Runner cliches, and of course, Willis is always fun to watch.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
It was also a pretty darn good comic (which has a prequel coming out this summer), and although I'm tickled that this kind of movie was made in the Boston area, the original comic was set in Atlanta (or "Central Georgia Metropolis"), and I wonder where they're going to say the movie takes place.

juda

Agent
Real Name
Judy
This looks pretty aweomse, big Bruce fan so i'll definitely be checking this one out

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I suspect I will think that it was a shame this film beat Avatar to the box office release slate.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Preview suggest potential. I fear it will be another "Jumper", an interesting idea that falls apart.

Abby_B

Supporting Actor
Definitely think this looks good. I've been waiting for a trailer for this for a long time and I am NOT disappointed! Aside from an interesting story and Bruce Willis saving the world (love it when he does that), Jonathan Mostow is directing. I think he does sci fi + action really well - T3 had some cool action scenes in it. I'm looking forward to seeing what he does with this as well.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I saw the trailer for this before Public Enemies and I am officially intrigued. I thought it was a great trailer and a good hook for the film. I hope it doesn't disappoint.

Abby_B

Supporting Actor
Me neither - it does have a lot of potential. I haven't read the graphic novel but I hear it's pretty amazing....I read in an interview somewhere with the author Robert Venditti and he said that the movie stays pretty true to the novel, or at least all the key concepts in the novel and whatever "Hollywood" adaptations they made, he was cool with so I think that's some good endorsement there.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
The magic of trailers, they can make practically any movie look exciting and worth seeing. Must admit after seeing the trailer at the cinema I'm looking forward to this one. Good or bad it's sci-fi and I'm a sucker for the genre.

John Gido

Second Unit
Big Bruce Willis fan here as well as a sci-fi fan and saw the trailer for this the other night in the theater. Can't wait.

Abby_B

Supporting Actor
Mmm...yeah doesn't come out for awhile yet, huh? Guess they don't want us to forget it's coming out in September ;-) I think between this and 9 etc it'll be a good couple months for sci-fi....

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I've been seeing posters at bus stops for this and they look like posters with models for a clothing line.
So until the other day when I actually put it together I thought Bruce had a new clothes line coming out.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
The posters also look very similar to ones that were advertising the Sarah Connor Chronicles a couple of years ago.

The movie does look cool though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks