What's new

surge protector question (1 Viewer)

Brady B

Auditioning
I had to shut off my circuit breaker to do some electrical work (add a dimmer swtch in the roomThis breaker also operates my HT equipment. After completing the work, the next day i noticed when I turned on my TV I saw some strange wavy lines, snow, and the pcture faded in and out. This eventaully cleared up while watching but would start again after turning off the set. Having eliminated my satellite servive as the cause (he picture did the same thing when playing a DVD)I removed the TV plug from the surge protecter and put it in the wall outlet-viola! no more problem! I unplugged th esurge protecter from the wall for a few hours and re plugged into the wall and have had no problem.

My question, is there something in the surge protecter that needs to be re-set after power is turned on and off. i did switch it on a off a few times during my outlet work

Brady

Mike Matheson

Second Unit
Brady,

You might want to try a new surge protector. Your old one, while still "working" in that it seems to pass current, may in fact be damaged.

M

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks