What's new

Surge protection (1 Viewer)

Greg_L_C

Stunt Coordinator
Is surge protection for my dish and cable box something I should be concerned about. Is RG6 cable susceptible to a lightning strike or a power surge of some kind? will running the cable trough some type of surge protection degrated the signal?

Thanks

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Michael's right about protecting everything. These days, all of our systems are connected to each other directly or indirectly ..... computer with phone line, computer with home theatre, vcr with cable, vcr with home theatre etc etc etc so any component that is not properly protected can potentially be harmful to another component down the line.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
in college, i was "experimenting" with the wiring on a halogen light attached to the same strip all my gear was on.
as the experiment went "badly" :angry: , i know FOR SURE that if it wasn't for the surge strip, i would have toasted a good 3K worth of stuff.
so, ever since then, i plug everything electrical into a decent quality surge strip...heck...even my 40 dollar answering machine is plugged into a strip!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks