Hey guys I did some research and decided that I'm going to buy a Monster 2100 Powerbar for $250 as my surge protector. I figured since I have about $4500 invested in my theater that this is the right choice considering I'm currently using a $15 power strip now. The audio department of my theater is all new and I don't want to see my money go down the drain because my equipment wasn't protected. Now here is my problem, my house is pretty old. The living room and dinning room only have 2 prong ac outlets not 3. Could I buy a 3 prong into 2 prong adapter so I can plug it in the living room directly to the outlet without any problems? Two I have two rooms that have the 3 prong outlets but when I plug this $15 power strip into those the red light says faulty wire turns on. Only 1 one out of 8 ac outlets does the light not come on. Thing is its two rooms away so I would need a extension cord. When I did this with the cheap power strip the red light came back on. Either way would the power strip still do its job if the red light comes on? If I went with the extension cable route would everything get just as much power as if I had it directly plugged into the wall? I plan on buying one today but I don't want to waste $250 if its going to be useless in my situation.