What's new

Surface ongoing thread (2 Viewers)

Matt^Brown

Supporting Actor
Well I am going to miss the Myles and Nim storyline.

Chuck I think I had the same look on my face when she started doing that as well.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Hopefully Myles will go to Jail. But, I am sure that since this is TV, he will not suffer any consequences for running away, stealing a car.....

I am glad this whole story line is over. It was completely unrealistic the "attachment" this kid had with an animal.

It will be interesting to see what happens next.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

I don't know why anyone would think it's "over". And it seemed very realistic to me, the bond between a young boy and his beloved pet. You think people who have lizards and snakes as pets don't love them as much as those with dogs and cats? Think again.

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
Can we make bets on Nim finding his way home again? Maybe even before his master gets there?

The other option is for Nim to go on an eating rampage, with every pet dog & cat at risk!

This could turn out to be a bloody mess! :)

Glenn

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I love animals. I have 3 cats. But if one of them started to power a tv without it being plugged in, I would probably tell someone.

RobertW

Supporting Actor
hey, it brought a little tear to my eye when he said goodbye to Nim. sad to see him go. but also happy at the same time that he got to go free, and wasn't captured by animal control.

i'm sure it's not the last we see of him.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
11/14/05

Now it's getting good. This show has a nice way of providing a cliffhanger or two to make you look forward to the next episode.

I think Laura and Rich were nutty to go into the deep in that rustbucket.

Miles dreaming of Nim is just funny to me on some levels.

Matt^Brown

Supporting Actor
Patrick I have to agree with you about Rich and Laura. I understand that they want to get the story but I am having a hard time believing that that piece of junk would hold up that deep under water. Which I guess is really stupid thing to be hung up on since the show is all about giant sea monsters. :b

During the first 15 minutes I was in and out of the room taking care of my youngest son who is sick. Why was Myles sister acting so nice to him? Did she just have a change of heart or did he threaten to rat on her about something?

chuck_b

Supporting Actor
Have to agree, this was a better episode altogether, even though Lake Bell was dressed for colder weather :wink:

As for the "submarine", I am sure those with experience are laughing beyond control. Those who have scuba dived are aware of the pressures even at 100 feet, much less 4000 feet. That whole scene under water with the broken tether reminded me of "The Abyss".

Paul Padilla

Supporting Actor
She drove up with some buddies while Myles was picking up trash during his community service. The jerk in the front seat gave Myles a hard time and she finally started to feel sorry for him. Of course, she didn't speak up and defend him...but her bitchyness did finally crack. It reminded me a little bit of the Goonies with Josh Brolin on the bicycle.

Definitely some Abyss overtones on this episode, but I've kind of felt that way from the beginning. The Abyss meets ET meets X-files.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member

Right? I was saying out loud, "Didn't these guys watch the Abyss? If so, they didn't learn anything from it"

That cable also seemed to fall much to slow. When they were building the sub it reminded me of that show where they built their own rocket, anyone remember the name of that show?

todd s

Senior HTF Member

Actually, it was Salvage 1. It starred Andy Griffith as a salvage yard owner. Who builds it to get the left over equipment left on the moon. All of which was done in the pilot. So I have to run to tv.com to see how they can make a season of episodes after. :)

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
Ah Salvage 1, that's it thanks Todd. I recall watching that when it was on. I wanted to build my own rocket so bad and they made it look easy.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
11/21/05

Rich and Laura see first-hand the eggs being laid by the new species. They even find their way from being stuck down in the depths, though I have no idea how their eardrums survived the ascent up to the surface.

Miles is probably in over his head, he provided quite a few nibbles for Nim's brethren in the sea.

Is there anything redeemable about Lee?

Rudi

Stunt Coordinator

I get the feeling he's skating on thin ice with his master or maybe starting to wonder what exactly the master has in mind.

Also I think a great chance was missed in the submersible for Lake to tear her clothes off.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
Wouldn't an assent like that have taken much more time? Would that life raft be able to lift that can and all of the cable attached?

As improbable as it seemed I still enjoyed the episode and it is one of the fastest hours on TV. When it's over, it never feels like an hour has passed.

Prison Break does the same.

Paul Padilla

Supporting Actor
Major suspension of disbelief on this episode...rapid ascent...nitrogen bubbles in the blood, etc. Lake not stripping down to one degree or another. That last one is just too hard to accept. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks