What's new

Surface ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Yeah, it wasn't the most exciting ep since we didn't get to spend any time with the big creatures, but the Nim escapades were entertaining. See what happens when you hog the covers? Your sleeping partner destroys the room. :D

And is Phil the dumbest kid ever? I was hoping against hope that he wasn't stupid enough to lead Animal Control straight to Myles and Nim, but sure enough....

chuck_b

Supporting Actor
Agree, this one lost some traction.

Some strange editing also, as I remember a wierd cut into a commercial right in the middle of a scene. I guess they wanted more ads than the editors gave them spots for.

Hope it picks up again as I still think it is different enough to be successful.

Do Miles's parents remind anyone of Ferris Bueller's parents?

Matt^Brown

Supporting Actor
Unless I missed something that was just promo BS because I don't remember hearing much about the creatures. The show focused more on the characters this episode.

todd s

Senior HTF Member

With nonsense like this. They are going to lose viewers tired of lies by the network promo people.:angry:

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
That's why NBC has switched to "in the coming weeks", I imagine - no promises of revelations coming in any specific episode, just that you'll get them soon-ish.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Well, with Sweeps coming up in November, I think we'll get some decent cliffhangers all throughout the month of episodes.

Rudi

Stunt Coordinator
Yea, when the bald guy said that it was out of his league Raskolnikov was a goner. I was surprised that he was so trusting. However his assistant can't be dead. What was the tube he backed into filled with? Where did he go? I hope he returns, I like his character. And the parents are doofi (doofeses?). Good genes though.

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
Well ah, ok. Some of us just don't like kids, I see.

I thought that Nimrod would be growing by leaps and bounds by now - if he is supposed to grow fast. What if you only fed it enough to stay alive, but not so much as to make it grow? Could you get away with that, or are the grown up ones 600 or more years old?

It is sort of at a crossroads right now, but I think that after a few more episodes we'll all know which way this is going.

Glenn

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott

I agree. These boys have gone way past reality. Unless the writers tell us that Numrod has some way of affecting emotional changes in people, the kid is just acting stupid.

Jefferson Morris

Supporting Actor
Yeah, this episode did not live up to its promo. Must be the same person(s) who does the utterly misleading promos for E.R., where Mr. Voice assures us that "none of them ... will ever ... be the same ... ever ... again."

--Jefferson Morris

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
I have high hopes for this series, but I'm gettng a little tired of the government conspiracy angle. That aspect of the show is more implausible than the creature itself. They need to give us some payoff and explain some of the reasons for the conspiracy soon, or I'll begin to lose interest. If it ends up being something dumb like the government wanting to "weaponize" the creature's attributes, I'm going to be really disappointed. Murderng the most brilliant minds in the field doesn't strike me as the best way to conduct useful research, conspiratorial or otherwise.

And poor Cirko! But working with a complete sociopath for as long as he had should have clued him in to what was ultimately in store for him. He should have seen it coming.

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
I have high hopes for this series, but I'm gettng a little tired of the government conspiracy angle. That aspect of the show is more implausible than the creature itself. They need to give us some payoff and explain some of the reasons for the conspiracy soon, or I'll begin to lose interest. If it ends up being something dumb like the government wanting to "weaponize" the creature's attributes, I'm going to be [/i] really [/i] disappointed. Murderng the most brilliant minds in the field doesn't strike me as the best way to conduct useful research, conspiratorial or otherwise.

And poor Cirko! But working with a complete sociopath for as long as he had should have clued him in to what was ultimately in store for him. He should have seen it coming.

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
Reasons? Like?

Ok, since when does our govt has to give us a reason for anything that they do? :)

I'd wonder why this creature hasn't been discovered before, and yes, if it went upstream (like the Russian River) it is going to feast upon hundreds of people upstream, causing a panic, for sure.

If they have figured out that it is not from this planet, well, I won't say "Roswell", but I can only assume that you've never seen a UFO before. I don't want to get off-topic (if it is), but after you've seen a UFO it sort of changes your perception on what we don't know, and should.

Glenn

Rudi

Stunt Coordinator
I would say it is not a government thing at this point. It looks like the mad scientist in South Park is behind it all.
Perhaps hes trying to get the biggest multiple butts ever?

chuck_b

Supporting Actor
I am beginning to wonder whether this episode was more about the amount of "Surface" spilling out from Lake Bell's bra. The look on the left-his-wife guy when she suddenly jumped out of the truck striped down to her underwear and greased herself up was priceless.

Oh, yeah and something about weird creatures in the water....

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
That cleavage should be featured as a separate character during the credits...wow. I think they just found a way to increase viewership, at least male. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks