What's new

Suppose I buy a pro amp but my LFE voltage is to low (1 Viewer)

Joseph Sabato

Stunt Coordinator
The Crown CE series has an option for .775 V for full output, any reciever should be able to produce that voltage at the LFE output as that is what is considered "line level" on consumer gear. I am still researching and have not made up my mind on which amplifier to buy, another issue for me may be that the fan cooled pro amps that are not variable in speed, may be too noisy in a relatively quiet HT

Rob Formica

Stunt Coordinator
Quite a few proamps are available with variable speed fans including most QSC amplifiers (except the RMX series)... and the Crown K1 amps which are entirely fan-less.

Catch is they usually cost more.
Rob

PS: I've frequently read about the Pro/Consumer input mismatch, but have never had experience with it. I'm really curious if it's really just a Yamaha LFE thing? Even at the QSC forum, it's the same thing:
http://www.qscaudio.com/cgi-bin/ulti...c;f=2;t=000136

I screwed up! When I didn't get the output I expected I just assumed it was insufficient voltage based on what I had read in this post and elsewhere. In fact my problems were self-inflicted.

The JBL MPC200 pro amp (built by QSC) has screw connections for input, and when I fabricated a receiver-to-amp connector I must have done a sloppy solder job or something equally stupid. I made a new connector yesterday, and now the sub has plenty of output. I keep the JBL on max; the Yamaha RX-V2095 receiver sub-out is now set to -6, louder/higher than when I was using a KG5150 plate amp. For comparison, with the same subwoofer I previously kept the yamaha on -12 feeding the KG5150 with its volume at the halfway point. (The KG5150 was not physically installed into the subwoofer cabinet.)

Sorry for the confusion.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks