Supplier of RCA Connectors to go on RG59/RG6 cable or F to RCA adaptors?

Discussion in 'Accessories, Cables, and Remotes' started by MikeBoehm, Jan 26, 2005.

1. MikeBoehm

MikeBoehm Stunt Coordinator

Howdy,

I was looking into using some RG6 or RG59 cable (since I can get lots for free) to run some audio cable. I'm having trouble finding places that sell either RCA connectors that can go on to the ends of the Coax cable, or the F to RCA adaptors to convert one to the other if that would be easier.

If anyone has any sites they could post a link to that'd be great. Just not sure what cerbage to use in a google search to get decent results.

Thanks.

2. Eric Samonte

Eric Samonte Screenwriter

3. Leo Kerr

Leo Kerr Screenwriter

Questions:

Crimp?

Compress?

Solder?

We've got some nice compression connectors, but they're expensive and the 'crimper' is also expensive.

Soldering RCA connectors is a major pain in the neck.

We don't have any crimp RCAs, but like any good connector system, the tool and dies are probably going to be 'expensive.' (Read: >$50.)

The compression fittings, for example, the tool is about $60, and each 'end' is about $1.35.

Markertek.com is the first that comes to my mind, but they're moderatly expensive and'll feel like a procologist when it comes to shipping...

Leo

4. MikeBoehm

Compress would be great. My brother works for Time Warner Cable and they use compression connectors for the Coax cables so getting use of a took is no problem. I thnk he said the cheapest connectors he could find where $1-$2 a piece but I'm not sure where he looked.

5. Ryan Leemhuis

Ryan Leemhuis Second Unit

6. Ted Drain

Ted Drain Agent

7. MikeBoehm

Thanks Ted but those are jsut F connectors right? THen I'd need to get an adaptor to go from the F to RCA? I'd rather just slap an RCA connection right on the cable so I don't end up with a 2" long cable end with adaptors and such.

8. Ted Drain

Ted Drain Agent

Woops - guess I didn't read that very well [​IMG]

Here's the crimper that I have:
    RCA/BNC/F Crimper

The F, RCA, and BNC connectors for that system are listed at the bottom of the page.