Supes & Transformers display pics from the Licensing Show...

Discussion in 'Movies' started by todd s, Jun 22, 2005.

1. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

I was at the Licensing show in NY yesterday. Warner had a huge display for the new Superman movie. Here are some shots. I also got the press sheet that has pics of the entire cast. I will download it...if people want to see it. Hasbro had a 10 foot tall Optimus statue for the new live action movie.

Here are the pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Greg_C_T

Greg_C_T Second Unit

GREAT pics, Todd! I cannot wait for the Transformers movie.

[​IMG]

3. Jeff Jacobson

Jeff Jacobson Cinematographer

Thanks for posting the pics.

4. Jerome Grate

Jerome Grate Cinematographer

OOOOOHHHHHH
    Feel that, it's the goose bumps up and down my arms and back. Great pixs.

5. Richard Travale

Richard Travale Producer

Rich Travale
    Oh man, where do I get one of those statues for my front yard? [​IMG]

6. Ricardo C

Ricardo C Producer

I notice the Supes statue isn't sporting the craptastic costume from the upcoming film [​IMG]

GREAT Optimus statue, though [​IMG]

7. Justin_S

Justin_S Producer

I adore the old Transformers series, and that is certainly a cool statue. With that said however, I certainly do not have even half-way high hopes for the live action film with scum like Michael Bay involved.

By the way, I saw a news piece that said Bay wants this to be a family film about a teen's car being a Transformer. Has anyone else here heard this nonsense? If that's true, then there really is no hope.

8. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    Michael Bay's The Love Transformer: Bumblebee Goes Bananas.

9. Justin_S

Justin_S Producer

[​IMG]

Thanks for that, I needed a good laugh. Anyway, I'm actually pretty sure that news story was a load of rubbish, as the poster at that event has both a Decepticon and Autobot logo. That combined with how I haven't heard anything else about it. I wouldn't put it past Bay to do something like that though, so I bought into it.

10. Robert Anthony

Robert Anthony Producer

I believe he was actually quoted as saying that by a pretty reputable newspaper. I'd have to dig up the link, though.

And I was wondering who'd be the first to notice what Ricardo noticed [​IMG]

11. Timothy Alexander

Timothy Alexander Second Unit

Ooooooooooooohhh, there would be so much hell to pay from Transfans around the globe if that is what Bay has planned.

12. Greg_S_H

Greg

[​IMG] That's the type of news you would think you could just instantly dismiss as rumor. If it's true, it's unbelievable. Why do these people even buy properties if they don't understand them/have faith in them/etc. It should pretty much be a no-brainer. Opening sequence shows them battling on Cybertron, in a battle about as big as the opening of Fellowship of the Ring. Flash to the present, and they are on Earth on the Ark. They all become activated and start battling on Earth, endangering the population. Throw in Buster and Sparkplug, and you've got a potentially great movie.

13. Timothy Alexander

You also gotta consider this is Michael Bay we're talking about. This guy loves to shoot big epic action pics. I really can't see him just shooting a movie about a boy and his car robot. I'm hoping this is just one big unfounded rumor.

14. Robert Anthony

Robert Anthony Producer

I believe the quote wasn't to say that there's just one robot. IT was that we first get introduced to the Transformers through this kid, who "accidentally" acquires a robot that wakes up in the beginning of the movie--from there we meet the other transformers.

Bay has gone on record as saying the center of the movie WILL be a human character, I believe. Which means Optimus Prime will be playing, at best, the 2nd lead, if not the 3rd behind this kid's new Car/Bot.

There will still be robot destruction and stuff, but it won't necessarily be as Transformers-centric as it could be.

I believe that was the overall gist of his comments on the movie. Also--looks like the production WILL NOT be using the original voice actors for Prime and Megatron. They're still alive and doing voice-work, but they won't be voicing the two mains. Lord knows who they're going to GET, but you can bet it'll be some famous actor so they can slap his name on the poster--which would be a mistake, because I guarantee you'd get more positive response from ANYONE in that theater hearing Peter Cullen's voice come out of Prime's mouth as opposed to, say, Vin Diesel's or whatever.

I'm still curious as to why the display WB set up to promote the movie has a Superman that looks nothing like the Superman in the movie.

15. Timothy Alexander

Well, this IS Hollywood, they wouldn't have it any other way.

16. Matt^Brown

Matt^Brown Supporting Actor

I saw this thread the other day show the statue of OP and was extremely excited. However after returning today I am really disappointed. I don't like the idea of the show revolving around some boy and his Transformer car. I also hope that they don't let Megatron or OP be voiced by a famous star. I don't want OP sounding like Brad Pitt.

17. Greg_S_H

Greg
    How about Billy Crystal as Optimus Prime? "Get out of here, Megatron, or so help me! So help me!"

18. Rick Guynn

Rick Guynn Second Unit

Maybe because they thought it was too lame looking to use as an effective marketing tool? [​IMG]

RG

19. Jeff Jacobson

Jeff Jacobson Cinematographer

I hope this news about the TF movie isn't true, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was. Does anyone have a link to this interview?