What's new

t1g3r5fan

Reviewer
Real Name
Mychal Bowden
The arrival of VHS – in the midst of the first home video format war with Betamax – opened up new opportunities for both filmmakers and studios alike; not only were current box office hits and classic movies being issued on home video for folks to enjoy, but it also opened up a new avenue for films that largely went either unnoticed in theaters or missed the opportunity to do so. Such is the case of Superstition, a film made in 1982, but held on the shelf for a few years before a brief theatrical run and subsequent VHS release, where it became a favorite of Horror genre fans. Now, Scream Factory – through a deal with Studio Canal – has brought this staple of the VHS era to Blu-ray for the first time.

Superstition (1982)

Released: 02 Jan 1985
Rated: Unrated
Runtime: 85 min

Director: James W. Roberson
Genre: Horror

Cast: James Houghton, Albert Salmi...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Thanks for the review @t1g3r5fan

I'm pretty sure I've seen this film years ago, though I don't recall much about it. I just know that it had one of those great covers that would beckon to a young horror fan from the shelves of the video store, so you just had to rent it.

Though with nearly an hour of new special features, why a 0/5 rating?

Special Features: 0/5

That Crazy Witchcraft – An Interview with director James Roberson (23:56) – In this newly recorded interview, the director shares his memories of the film while also reflecting on his career prior to the film.

Lake of Fire – An Interview with actor James Houghton (30:08) – Newly recorded for this release, the actor goes over his time on the production as well as memories of being on the set of a few movie and TV productions as a kid – he’s the son of The Twilight Zone producer Buck Houghton.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks