What's new

Supernatural TV Series (1 Viewer)

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
This show is also one where the asides, audience cut ins, and occasional meta episodes are so wickedly funny that it reminds you: "Repeat to yourself, it's just a show.."

I have always been of the opinion that Supernatural does meta content as well as anything on the air. I've stepped away from the series for the past two seasons, but may come back to it.

- Walter.

gadgtfreek

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
I still love when they are in tv shows because of a trickster, and Dean says "what kinda douche wears sunglasses at night" making fun of CSI Miami.

Horatio-Caine-lthoratio-caine-39503038-500-375.png

And then there was the recent one with "Lucille" from Walking Dead, where Dean says "dad would have loved this bat" poking fun at Jeff Dean Morgan.

I roll out of my chair at this stuff but the wife just looks at me confused.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
It's also not a monster-of-the-week series (I often wish it were). Much like The X-Files back in the day, a good share of the episodes are dedicated to the ongoing angel/demon/heaven/hell mythology if you like that sort of on-going, serialized thing.
Like X-Files, Supernatural (Seasons 1 and 2, that I saw), was very monster-of-the-week -- each episode a contained story with a specific monster overcome -- with a "mythos" arc running through the season. Maybe later it gets less "weekly" and more continuous story arc.

Nothing wrong with monster of the week. Just not what I want for airplane watching currently.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Scoobynatural was one of the best episodes of the series. It managed to get the feeling of Scooby Doo and keep the spirit of Supernatural. Some incredible asides in this, all the way through.

Last edited:

TravisR

Senior HTF Member

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Bittersweet, to be sure, as I've been watching from day one and still enjoy the show though I've always been kind of disappointed when they got away from the original concept for the show and went to angels vs. demons pretty much full-time. Though the show may not have had the longevity otherwise, I suppose.

But 15 years is a big chunk of a person's life and I guess I can't blame the guys if they're ready to move on to something else. Happy that WB/CW has been so supportive, and the show will live on through streaming and on my blu-ray sets.

I wish they had moved forward with the Wayward Sisters spinoff. I enjoyed the concept and it would have been an opportunity for occasional guest appearances by Jensen and Jared. The article says they're likely not going to try another spinoff, but never say never. It's been a lucrative franchise for WB.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks