What's new

Supernatural Season 9 (1 Viewer)

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Well, last night's episode certainly was not a one off. The mid-season finale upped the stakes and revealed some important revelations for the second half of the season. Some pretty shocking reveals and events in the episode...

Spoilers for only last night's episode:

I was pretty shocked at the death of Kevin. The show fore-shadowed it a bit with his dialog with Dean. Speaking of Dean, I consider him directly responsible for what happened to Sam and Keven due to his lying to Sam and his inability to share the complete story with Kevin. Will the show make him pay for those decisions? Probably.

Good to see Cas get some vestige (all?) his powers back, but a little surprised it took him this long given how it was portrayed. Perhaps the right situation had not presented itself previously. (?)

Random thought: With the death of Kevin, we are probably never going to learn the fate of his Mom, which IIRC was up in the air.

- Walter.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Yep, some really shocking events in the fall finale episode. Certainly will make coming back to the show in January very exciting.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Supernatural for me is one of the more consistent shows on TV.. it's not always fantastic, but it's damn solid and week in, week out, they manage to throw in a few that work for me. I thought this was a great leave off for a fall finale; the death of Kevin caught me completely by surprise.. but that's the word they have in Supernatural where characters can and do die off.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
but that's the word they have in Supernatural where characters can and do die off.
Yeah, it is kind of a tough being a friend or associate of Sam and Dean. I was kind of mentally going back through the show and there are just a bunch of deaths throughout the years beyond the victims of the week. Bobby, Jo & Ellen, Dean's girlfriend from the college years, Sam & Dean's grandfather, Gordon Walker, etc., etc. I guess of the recurring mortal characters Garth and Charlie are still alive. (I'll be pretty upset if the show decides to kill off Charlie.)

- Walter.

Joel Fontenot

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joel Fontenot
Walter Kittel said:
Yeah, it is kind of a tough being a friend or associate of Sam and Dean. I was kind of mentally going back through the show and there are just a bunch of deaths throughout the years beyond the victims of the week. Bobby, Jo & Ellen, Dean's girlfriend from the college years, Sam & Dean's grandfather, Gordon Walker, etc., etc. I guess of the recurring mortal characters Garth and Charlie are still alive. (I'll be pretty upset if the show decides to kill off Charlie.)

- Walter.
Don't forget Sheriff Mills...

I too would like to see Charlie make it beyond the end of the show - whenever that is.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I would love to see god come back and put the smack down. As much as I enjoy the angel/demon stories. I miss the "monster" of the week stories.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
I suppose I should have mentioned Sheriff Mills since she was in the episode 9 days back. :)

I looked up Kim Rhodes IMDB credits for Supernatural and was surprised to see her credited for seven episodes. I guess the episodes kind of run together after 8 1/2 years.

- Walter.

Joel Fontenot

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joel Fontenot
todd s said:
I would love to see god come back and put the smack down. As much as I enjoy the angel/demon stories. I miss the "monster" of the week stories.
My family would love to that too.And God should be played by...............Morgan Freeman. :)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I really enjoyed this weeks episode; everything that has to do with Crowley gets my antenna up, and I thought it was a well done episode. I'm interested to see what Meteron's plan is for the future of heaven, also.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I enjoyed it, but I had a knee-jerk reaction when the boys parted again at the end of the episode. I understand Dean's rationale, but it's never a good thing when the brothers aren't together (witness their numerous other partings over the course of these many seasons). Their effectiveness is always lessened, and with Crowley now free plus the rampaging angels and others against them, there is definitely safety In numbers. I know they'll eventually be reunited, but it seems like this is a writers' device they've used once too often.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
How did they end up at Cain's house? When they did the locator spell in Tara's shop, the result was just Missouri (the entire state). The next scene, they're pulling up to a specific house (Cain's). How did they decide on this specific location?

Looking forward to next week's episode which appears to be a stand-alone ep. I'm tired of the seemingly never-ending angels/demons story.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I love episodes where they bring the funny. Several very funny moments tonight; and I always enjoy the riff on GhostFacers.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks