What's new

Supernatural Season 9 (1 Viewer)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I can't believe that I've been watching this show for 8 years now (I caught up with the first season over the summer before S2 aired). The show has been on so long that episodes aired on The WB(!). I really gotta give credit to the actors and writers for keeping the show interesting.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Was kinda of hoping they would take a break from the season long arcs. Go back to the monster of the week. But, I am not giving up on the show. Hope the season proves me wrong.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I know some people hate the long arcs, but I thought last season was about right, a mix of arc episodes and stand alones. If they can do more of that this year, I am completely in.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I agree. The mix of arcs and close-end stories is pretty perfect right now. Good start to the season. You have to know Ezekiel is not going to leave Sam's body willingly down the road.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I am really enjoying how well this season is playing it out. I think them having their own new batcave and a complete shift of the battle lines has made things a lot more interesting for me. I'm really enjoying the impact of the Angel on Sam's demeanor.. it's subtle, but really well thought out

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I also like their headquarters. Hope they don't lose it. It was cool when Ezekial took out the demons. :)

On a side note. I hope either when this whole arc ends or when the show ends. They bring back or explain God's absence.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Yes, Zek working from within Sam is a wonderful scenario for the season, and I really enjoyed this week's episode. Also glad Crawley wasn't let go after working his poisonous thoughts on the prophet.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Just watched the second episode and I'm also liking the whole Ezekiel angle with Sam. Enjoyed some of Dean's moments including the dialog with Abaddon and taking credit for the three demons.

Olivia Ryan-Stern as Tracy Bell certainly caught my eye. Supernatural seems to always feature very attractive female guest stars and last night's episode was no exception.

- Walter.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Never really got into this show until a few months ago, TNT runs three repeats a day so I'm only a season or two behind.

They just showed episode one today, so looks like they will rerun everything and I can fill in the gaps.

Just for fun, I included a picture a friend posted on FB a few weeks ago. The blond woman on the right I worked with for many years. This was at a convention, Vancouver I think.

1150134_10151548763510373_1989083708_n.jpg

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Some pretty blatant product placement in this week's episode for MicroSoft's Windows 8 and the Surface...I always find that sort of thing to really take me out of the moment

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I think they're overusing Ezekiel's powers to bring back people from the dead. Not that I wanted to lose such a delightful character from the mythology of the show, but unless the writers have some plan down the road to have that backfire on Dean for going to that well once too often, I don't think that should be a plot crutch any more.

For one of the lighter episode one-offs they do a few times each season, it was OK, but this wasn't my favorite episode of the show.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Charlie just rocks. I always love Felicia Day on Supernatural. One of the best recurring characters on the show. Ding dong, bitches! :)

Having said that, this was not one of the stronger episodes. They (the writers) completely dropped the reason why Charlie was present - to hack the computer / table to create an angel GPS. Once Dorothy appeared they completely dropped that story element, which would be fine while fighting the Big Bad of the week, but they never even added one line of dialog about tracking the angels before Charlie left with Dorothy after the fighitng was finished. Bad writing, IMHO.

I agree that Ezekial bringing back the dead should not be used anymore this season. Based on the dialog, Ezekial saving Charlie was a plot device to weaken Ezekial so that he will possess Sam throughout the remainder of the season.

BTW, nice Cloud Atlas reference on Charlie's tee-shirt (Sonmi-451).

- Walter.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
No comments on this week's episode "Dog Dean Afternoon"? The show does its version of Doctor Dolittle this week with a spell & potion that permits Dean to talk to the animals. Of course, there are some side effects as Dean takes on some aspects of the dog he is questioning. A very amusing episode that relies heavily on Jensen Ackles' comedic talents.

The initial display of doglike characteristics was the best gag of the episode. I was rolling when Dean retrieved the thrown away burger wrapper from the trash and returned it to Sam. "You're playing fetch." :)

- Walter.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Between that and the hand wrestling over potentially shooting a pigeon in the parking lot that made me laugh. Some funny stuff this week.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I love the episodes where something happens to Dean that makes him act atypical. The clips to start the show were great...I love the scene where Dean screams loud and long like a little girl when the cat jumps out of the locker, "That was scary!!" :lol:

Great voice work from the animal actors, too. Loved Leslie Jordan as the dog getting the belly rub. :D "Hey, tall drink! Get back here!"

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
I love the episodes where something happens to Dean that makes him act atypical. The clips to start the show were great...I love the scene where Dean screams loud and long like a little girl when the cat jumps out of the locker, "That was scary!!"
The intro brought back a lot of fun memories of past episodes. Scared Dean was from Season 4, episode 6 "Yellow Fever" which features one of the most awesome Jenson Ackles' moments on the show. His air-guitar & lip synch of Survivor's Eye of the Tiger at the end of the episode.

- Walter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks