What's new

SUPERNATURAL - Season 5 (1 Viewer)

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Sad use of the parents. May not be the focal point of the series but they definitely played a big part in the make up and motivations of the Sam & Dean. They deserved better treatment.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Yeah, that was some pretty creepy stuff. Sam retaking demon blood too... we have no idea what doors that opens.

Now that it appears Season 6 is in the cards, it's doubtful we make a ton of dash-to-apocalypse this year.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
CW had a presser, they covered it a few weeks ago on how they want to keep Vampire Diaries/Supernatural, which right now are ratings wise doing the best on their network.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I know I've seen Eric Kripke (the show's creator) say that he was treating this season as the last one whether they got renewed or not. That being said, if they intend to kill off Sam or Dean, Warners will probably override that decision so they have leads for next season.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
(BuddyTV.Com)

Ben Edlund Talks About SEASON 6 (spoilerish) -While Supernatural still has season 5 to get through, Edlund did comment on what a possible sixth season might look like.

"It will be nuts in season 6. I'm going back to funny in season 6 because who knows what the hell it's gonna be, it'll be fun. We open doors emotionally and tonally on [season 5], so this thing has to end with a certain tone. But after that we can reset in a lot of ways and go back to stand alones that have a different index of stakes and I can be funny again, which I'm looking forward to."

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I'm just saying that the (probably very loose) plan that they had for the series was to last 5 years and, last that I heard, they're planning on following through on that plan. Next season, they'll come up with new ideas and story arcs for the show.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
It's official, Supernatural to return for Season 6:

from CW press release:

The network also renewed fan favorite SUPERNATURAL, which will enter its sixth season next year. SUPERNATURAL has one of the most loyal audiences of any show on television and does heroic work in a perennially tough time period. It has improved over last season among women and adults 18-34 (29% and 8%, respectively) this season, a remarkable accomplishment for a fifth-year show.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Talk about heartbreaking zombies. You loved one comes back and is normal for a week and then goes rabid and tries to kill you.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Kind of a real "about face" moments at the end.

Mersh Mersh Mersh no spoiler preview Mersh Mersh Mersh

It's obvious Dean did commit to the deal with the Angels to become Michael's body on earth. That's a huge change of heart, but it was what was required to take out the whore. But more then that, I think once Dean realized God didn't care, he felt pretty hopeless in the whole affair.
Now the question is whether or not God will bail him out of this deal.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone think God's ambivalence to the whole apocalypse is too see how Dean, Sam and even Castiel deal with the situation? And in the end he will "fix" things?

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Originally Posted by todd s

Does anyone think God's ambivalence to the whole apocalypse is too see how Dean, Sam and even Castiel deal with the situation? And in the end he will "fix" things?
The ultimate deus ex machina? ;)

God, pun intended, I hope not. Every thing that happened in the show would be for naught.

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter
Real Name
Willard
God uses people to do His will. I do believe God is using Dean, Sam and Castiel to work out the solution to this Apocalypse. He seldom just snaps His fingers and "fixes things". He uses us to work out His will. And if you take the concept of the Dark Night of the Soul from mystic theology- sometimes God is most at work when it seems He has turned His face away and does not care.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks