What's new

SUPERNATURAL - Season 3 (1 Viewer)

DonMac

Stunt Coordinator
This last episode (which is the last of the "in the can" bunch :frowning: ) was pretty good, although yet another play on a movie, this time the original Assault on Precinct 13. Still a good storyline development with the introduction of Lilith setting up the upcoming episodes now in production.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I can't wait until Dean discovers that Lilith is a child, I can just hear all of the brat/Omen/Bad Seed jokes now lol.

And was there any doubt that Sam and Dean would find a way out of his contract? I never doubted it for a second.

DonMac

Stunt Coordinator
I know he'll eventually get out of his soul-selling contract (this is a TV show afterall and he's one of the stars), but I still want to see "how" he does it. (So far, the show has not given away an "out clause" they can use).

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Great to get confirmation, though I never really expected it to be in danger. Considering the insanely crazy timeslot the CW forces it to occupy, it pulls decent numbers for the netlet.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, there probably isn't a worse/tougher timeslot for it (I could even see it doing better on Friday or Saturday night since it would have less competition) but I guess it's a vote of confidence that they keep it on the big night when networks break out their flagship shows.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Just a reminder, there's a new episode on tomorrow night.

Also, the first issue of the new Supernatural comic book miniseries came out today and the collection of the first comic book miniseries comes out next week. Sorry, Greg_S_H :)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Was I hard on it or something? It will probably read better in trade. I think the current one has young Sam and Dean in it, so it might be alright.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Have to remember to set my recorder tonight. Can't wait! Just wrapped S2 on DVD and was again amazed at the talent of Jensen Ackles. If I were rich, I'd buy the man an Emmy myself. ;)

Talking about books, there's also another novel tie-in announced for August ("Supernatural: Bone Key"). The first two, "Nevermore" and "Witch's Canyon" are out now. Unfortunately, "Bone Key" is by the same author as "Nevermore" which I thought was pretty poorly written.

Disappointed to hear that CW won't spring for a longer season in S4 (22 eps), given they've reaped 6 eps of cost savings in S3 (16 eps) due to the strike. Though, on CW, we should probably just be happy to get an S4 at all. Still, the show is the 3rd or 4th highest rated show on the network airing in the most competitive timeslot of the week.

Hopefully we'll see an S5 too, so we can break the 100 eps barrier. :)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I was looking through this thread last night before posting and in post 83, you said the first comic mini-series "was an incomprehensible mess. I realize he's a producer on the show, but that doesn't make him a comic writer".

Overall, I liked the comics well enough but they're not essential reading for comic fans or Supernatural fans either.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Don't bring up my old quotes. I may no longer endorse their content. :)

Seriesly, I need to read the whole thing in one sitting. I'm hoping that makes it better, because I couldn't really keep up with what was going on with a monthly break between issues. It didn't help that the artist made John and whoever the other guy was look so much alike that I couldn't keep them separate most of the time.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Not real thrilled with "Ghostfacers" ep (except for the ending :laugh: ).

Probably the weakest ep of the season IMO.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
I thought it was brilliant from the theme music, the reference to the writer's strike and the "poke" at Ghost Hunters. Great satire all the way around.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks