What's new

SUPERNATURAL - Season 3 (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
By the same guy who did the last mini? Why? It was an incomprehensible mess. I realize he's a producer on the show, but that doesn't make him a comic writer. Actually, I know why. I understand it sold like mad.

So, have they done the Jason episode yet?

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Shame on the CW. They had all of these free Thursdays to bring the show back. And they bring it back on the night Lost returns. :rolleyes

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Rolling over and playing dead during sweeps does not exactly help keep good relationships with affiliate stations.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
"Lost" (10-12 million viewers) does not have the drawing power of "Grey's Anatomy" (18-20 million viewers), so it might actually be a good thing in overall numbers.

Plus, I've lost interest in "Lost" so it doesn't affect me anyway. ;)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Oookay, did anyone else here run away from their tv's during that opening scene or am I the only one?

I cannot stand to watch anything that has to do with teeth. :frowning:

AlexSchwarz

Stunt Coordinator
How did they circumvent the Jason-problem in the previous episode, "Dream a Little Dream of Me"? (they wanted to use "Friday 13"-Jason but weren't allowed in the last minute due to copyright issues). Did the episode suffer, was ist obvious something was left out?

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
That was supposed to be the Jason ep? I thought it was fine as is. It actually would have been odd if he was in it, IMO. The theme was more "Elm St" than F13 anyway.

AlexSchwarz

Stunt Coordinator

Good to hear. So did they have an alternate villain or nothing of sorts? (didn't see it and will have to wait for the dvds; not from the US)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Yeah, there was definitely a villain, but it wasn't a role that would have required or benefited from the presence of Jason.

As noted, I'm surprised they were even considering using the character in this ep as I don't see how it would have fit at all, unless it was just to be a cameo of him moving through the dark, creepy woods with dialogue something like:

(Jason walks by, Dean sees him, Sam is looking the other way)
Dean: Sammy, did you see that?
Sam: What?
Dean: I swear I just saw Jason Voorhees walk by.
Sam: Dean, I know this is a dream, but now is not a great time for you to detour into complete fantasyland. Now let's get going.
Dean: (confused look toward the woods; then follows Sam)

AlexSchwarz

Stunt Coordinator
Well, in the interviews with Kripke he clearly stated that the Winchester boys were to FIGHT Jason in this episode, but your idea is nice, too. :)

But since it was not meant to be I'll enjoy that episode the way it is.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
The episode was exactly the same as the movie Dreamscape...Even down to the bad guys father being abusive. And being used as a distraction in the dream to get the bad guy....

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Tonights episode had me holding my sides and rolling! :laugh:

I just pictured the writers in a room and having a blast thinking up ways they could whack Dean and wishing I could have been a fly on the wall in that room lol.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
So last week its was Dreamscape. Tonight its Groundhog Day. Right down to the memorable song when Sam wakes up.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks