What's new

Supernatural Season 2 (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Don't feel bad, Greg, it took me a few minutes before I realized it was her.

Ash sort of reminded me of a MUCH smarter and cooler Joe Dirt. :D

That actor has a penchant for playing characters who are very intelligent despite outward appearances, he played essentially the same character in The Fast and the Furious.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
At first I thought Ellen's daughter might be Sam & Dean's half-sister. She said her Dad had died and was a hunter. Maybe, Dad had a fling with the Ellen years ago. But, Mom wasn't concerned about their connection...So shoots that theory.

Finally, this episode is reason enough for the government to ban clowns....they creep me out. ;)

Daryl L

Supporting Actor
How cool was that when Dean took the gun from Jo (Alona Tal) and she punched him in the face and took it back.
LOL that was great, hehe. :)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Out of consideration for you dial-up guys, I'll just post links. Here are some choice Alona Tal caps from last night, from the great supernatural.tv site:

http://supernatural.tv/gallery2/s2/e...3-55-31-67.jpg

http://supernatural.tv/gallery2/s2/e...4-21-15-20.jpg

http://supernatural.tv/gallery2/s2/e...3-54-01-73.jpg

She's my new, current favorite.
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

todd s

Senior HTF Member

She's hot...But, not as hot as Sam's gf from last season...Sarah (Taylor Cole). Who I still think should be the next Wonder Woman

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
BTW, my favorite part of the episode was the hard time Dean got when he walked into that tent and made his faux pas to the blind guy lol.

Dean...
"Look we just want to ask you a couple of short questions..."

Little man...
"Short!? You son of a bitch!"

:laugh:

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Taylor Cole is gorgeous, but Alona is a little more appealing just for the fact that she seems more attainable than Taylor does. I just couldn't swing all of that. Not like I'd have a chance with Alona, but. . . .

John, could you add something like "I was (Veronica Mars spoiler)" I read your post, but I almost didn't for fear that it would reveal something about Supernatural. :)

Daryl L

Supporting Actor
I agree. Taylor is one hot, spicey, drop dead gorgeous example of extraordinary female perfection. They've just got to bring her back.
htf_images_smilies_blush.gif

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Well, I finally caught up with "Everybody Loves a Clown," but I'm not entirely sure if I saw the whole thing.

As I rant about on a regular basis, I have no WB/CW station in my area so all those shows are shown timeshifted on the FOX station. And, of course, at this time of year that means frickin' baseball delays. So it's not bad enough that SN is on from 11PM to midnight, but now it doesn't start until more like 12:25 AM. So I generally stay up until baseball ends, add 1 hour for "Smallville" then set the DVR to record SN.

Well, this past week, I don't know if the station time-compressed them or actually cut chunks out, but I missed the entire pre-title sequence of SN because "Smallville" apparently ran less than an hour, and SN, from the title card to the end credits only ran for 45 minutes, commercials INCLUDED.

So apparently the station severely compressed/edited the CW episodes due to the baseball overrun on FOX. :angry:

But at least I got to see the scene where Dean takes away the girl's rifle...then she takes it back. :laugh:

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
This episode wasn't quite as exciting as the previous two, but it was solid enough. Glad to see the boys are "back in black." I half expected to see Audrey dance across the road in her thin black pant. Nice bit with, "Only he gets to call me Sammy." I like the idea that Sam is kind of humanizing Dean, and Dean recognizes that fact. I also liked that the vampire mythology was built on and kept consistent with Dead Man's Blood. I have a feeling Gordon is going to catch up with the boys in the future, and payback will be a bitch. Nice seeing Ellen carried over as a continuing presence. Now, I just can't wait to see more of Jo. . . .

Wheel in the Sky and Back In Black. It's hard to believe the caliber of music they are able to clear for this show. Even harder to believe that they are able to get the DVD rights for these songs--or at least, I hope and expect that they are able to keep doing that.

I was given this link to a TV Guide interview with Eric Kripke:

http://www.tvguide.com/News-Views/In...691ACC255DB%7D

Use *extreme* caution. The first answer in particular seems to be highly spoilerific. I skimmed over it with one eye closed, my head tilted to the side, and my hand in front of my face in order to cover things I didn't want to see, but I'm pretty sure it's quite revealing. One of the most interesting things in the piece is that a Supernatural comic book is in the works, to be written by Peter Johnson, who is one of Supernatural's producers. It is said that he is particularly steeped in Supernatural lore, so it will be very true to the show. It will, however, follow John's hunting trips, with adolescents Sam and Dean in tow.

MarkHarrison

Supporting Actor

I was surprised they reused that song, but I honestly don't think they could have picked a more perfect song if they tried. Seeing the restored Impala with Back in Black playing might possibly be my favorite moment from the entire series. :D

Although I think they should have gone maybe one more episode before bringing the car back. It seems a tad early for Dean to be done with the car. There was a lot of work left to do on it last week. I know they did the whole minivan gag last week (and I would hate to see them resort to a series of transportation gags), but it just feels to early. Still, it would have been riot to see them getting off a Greyhound. :laugh:

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg

Damn, that would have been awesome.

"It wasn't so bad, Dean."

"You weren't the one having an old lady drool on you all night, Sammy!"

:D

CherylJ

Stunt Coordinator

I'm a straight female so I don't know 'bout all that attainable stuff, but I love Alona and find her way more appealing than that other girl (who is certainly very pretty).

I thought Alona was great on Veronica Mars and I'm so happy to see her show up on Supernatural. Now she's the one kicking butt and taking names. ;)

Interesting factoid: Rob Thomas, creator of VM, took two actresses "to the network" as they say for the role of Veronica and Alona was the other one. Even though Alona lost out to Kristen Bell, he created the role of Meg for her. Last year Alona was popping in so many guest-star appearances that I thought she and Jeffrey Dean Morgan should have a show together. And now here she is on SN, but unfortunately a little too late to be with JDM. (Can that man be killed off in more shows this year? He does it well.)

Rakesh.S

Second Unit
I hated this show a lot during the first season...the episodes were way too slow and dull, especially the monster of the week stuff.

They have definitely turned the corner. I look forward to watching this every week now. It is very reminiscent of Tru Calling -- they kept doing rewind episodes where Tru saved someone for a huge chunk of the first season, and then the mythology and depth kicked in. Unfortunately that show was canned after 6 episodes.

If Supernatural can retain this quality, I hope they get as many episodes as they need to in order to tell the story. Stick with it WB.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
In the extras on the DVD set, someone (Kripke?) said that classic rock is very cheap to license, so I don't think obtaining the rights to these songs is as difficult as many people may think.

There seem to be a lot more issues with more recent songs.

Gordon will definitely make an appearance in the future. I was sort of hoping they'd just cap him off, seeing how unbalanced he is, but I guess they can't kill another human being (especially if they can't even kill all vampires now).

And I agree that the Impala is back too soon, especially after Dean just took the crowbar to it last week. Though one thing I've always wondered with this show is how much time is passing. They don't really have any sort of chronology from episode to episode to keep track of how much time passes.

todd s

Senior HTF Member

Another casting factoid...Kristen Bell lost out on the role of Chloe Sullivan (Smallville) to Allison Mack.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Up until I found out that the girl in the opening scene was a vampire
that decap scene and subsequent examination of the head disturbed the living shit out of me! :frowning:

I love that the Impala has returned so soon, although I agree with Sam that Dean should have gotten a room, he's WAAY too into his car lol. :laugh:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks