What's new

Supernatural Season 2 (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I first watched the first season episodes on my 4:3, 27" TV via a crappy cable channel.

I'm now re-watching the DVD's on my 16:9, 92" widescreen via my new projector.

It's like I've never watched the show before. There's no comparison.

It's going to be torture to watch the new episodes on the small TV again. :frowning: But I can't wait until the next DVD release.

Tangent: In the commentary on the "Pilot" episode, the creators said it is "very affordable" to license classic rock for the series, so I wouldn't worry about it disappearing from the show or being replaced in future DVD sets. I wonder if they'll ever release a "Supernatural" soundtrack disc?

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

Malcolm, why not route the cable feed into your projector? I watched last season on my 103" set-up and it was great, I mean provided your projector has a decent scaler in it there's no reason why it shouldn't look as good for you, too.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Given the poor quality of the cable signal feed, I doubt it would be worthwhile.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

Maybe, but like I said if your PJ has a good scaler like a Faroudjia DCDi chip you'd be surprised at how much it'll clean it up for you.

I would give it a shot at least as an experiment. Just a friendly suggestion. :emoji_thumbsup:

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Should there ever be aliens on SN, or should the line be drawn at earthbound spirits? How about if there were people disappearing, and Sam and Dean discovered that they were being taken by aliens, and they had to kick E.T.'s ass. Would that be cool, or is it too, "It's season 7 and we've long since jumped the shark?" Maybe it could be more of a unthinking alien entity, like the Blob or the Thing.

MikeSh

Stunt Coordinator
I came into SN about mid-way thru the summer reruns but once I found the show I setup a season pass.

?, was the season finale after they fought the vampires in CO.? That was the last show I remember. Dad and the boys decided to hook up and go fight the demon after they slew most of the vamps including the leader with the old Colt revolver.

MikeS.

Daryl L

Supporting Actor
I'd say aliens on this show (aliens aren't really considered supernatural, but that could be arguable) would count as a "jumped the shark" move. :)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
If you had seen the season finale, you would definitely remember it. There's no way to get it confused with any other episode.

And no aliens...ever! Aliens are not supernatural, they're sci-fi.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg

Yeah, but they can be scary, and this is a horror show. Sam and Dean single-handedly stop an alien invasion. Doesn't that have a nice ring to it? ;)

Speaking of Kolchak . . . there's no sense in kicking the Night Stalker at this point, but I always thought Supernatural carried the Kolchak torch much better than the Night Stalker did. I still do. The key to Kolchak was the relationship between Carl and Tony. Sam and Dean have a much different relationship, but it's the same successful ingredient.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I would only agree with the idea of Sam and Dean fighting aliens if they do it in a very low-key and creepy way, sort of like the (underrated) Charlie Sheen movie The Arrival.

Otherwise, it'll be too high profile for Sam and Dean, it'll then venture into Mulder and Scully territory.

Wouldn't want them running into those two. :D

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I've never seen the X-Files. With it's behind-the-scenes connections to Supernatural and the fact that it was touted as the successor to Kolchak, I need to do so. Unfortunately, I missed the recent "$20 a season" sale.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
They would have to be reallllly scary, like the Aliens aliens. No humanoid-type, Star Trek aliens.

But I would still rather they wait until they're running out of ideas in the tenth season before they try such a thing. :D

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Oh, yeah, definitely. Not Starman, with more violence. Little creepy Arrival dudes. It's a bad idea, but at least it's helped kill some time waiting for the new season. :)

MarkHarrison

Supporting Actor
I was just thinking about having an episode with aliens a few days ago. To be more specific, what I was thinking was that it would be a really bad idea. :laugh:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Can't they postpone it for a week? I haven't got through the first season on DVD yet. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks