What's new

Supernatural Season 2 (1 Viewer)

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
I was glad with the way this season ended. Another season chasing YED would've gotten long in the tooth.

Now they have new adventures and new deamons to chase, not to mention finding out how is Dean going to get out of his "deal" with the deamon and also finding out if Sam is 100% himself or what?

PS: the little girl deamon was creepy!!

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
So no one has any explanation/thoughts for how the Devil's Trap kept all the demons out (so they couldn't open the doorway), but didn't keep the demons that came through the doorway from escaping into the world at-large? They all had to cross the iron rails to get away.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
They showed one of the rails broken, allowing ol' yellow eyes to come in. I'm not sure when, exactly, it was broken; I presume the other guy did it on his way in.

Of course, this also makes me wonder why the demon didn't try using a couple well-placed pieces of dynamite years before. Demons are stupid.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I think the rails were shown being broken during the efflux of demons. I guess the sheer number of demons was enough to break the talisman.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Word is the producers will be adding two female "regulars" to the cast for season three.

Guess they think they need to sex up the show to boost ratings. :frowning:

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I wouldn't mind some eye candy but the show, in my mind, is about two brothers who fight evil. Not about two brothers and two hot chicks who fight evil. Obviously, I'll wait to see what they do with the characters before passing judgment but I do find it worrisome that The CW is forcing two new characters into the show.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
If it was something like Ellen and Jo, that wouldn't be bad at all. It won't be Jo, since she's apparently on another show. In any case, as long as it ain't Rosie (a little Price is Right joke there), I'm willing to see what happens.

Edit: Ooh, ooh! I vote for Kristen Bell, now that she's available. Woe be upon any poster who dares to not want to see her kicking monster ass every week! :)

Second choice: Taylor Cole.

And for John, that body spray chick. Rachel Specter, I think it is? You know what it is. :D

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Well, who's to say it's the CW forcing them? Considering that this year's finale basically ended the story with the yellow-eyed demon, Eric Kripke needs a new macrostory that's personal to the characters, and adding some new people to the mix is one way to do it. The dynamic between the brothers is also threatening to settle into a rut without something to shake it up. This could be purely story-based.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
All the original poster said was two female "regulars." Are we guessing that they are hot, or is there more information somewhere? I mean, no offense to the actress, who is not unattractive but not "hot," but I'm thinking more along the lines of Ellen becoming a regular.

MarkHarrison

Supporting Actor
I guess it depends on how they're added to the show. If there's two more riding along with Sam & Dean, that would ruin (or change) the whole feel of the show. It could work of course, but it would be a tough sell. But I'd much rather see a situation like they had with Ellen where she's not part of the main team. Still, I never felt we weren't getting enough Ellen on the show, so I don't see the point in adding someone.

To be completely honest, I'd rather see them add Bobby as a regular before anyone else. I really enjoy the stories he shows up in.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I freely admit that I'm making assumptions (that they're hot, that the network has made them add the characters) but since it's a TV show, it's a really safe bet that they want someone young and pretty as opposed to a 'tough, old broad' style character like Ellen.

As others have said though, there is definitely a way to incorporate new characters into the show and still keep the 'core' of the two brothers fighting evil.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris

You are pre-supposing the outcome. I highly doubt that there is any concern on The Supernatural turning into either of those two shows. From the TV Guide quote I think this might be a good thing. What's so wrong with having two ridiculously shaggable "regulars" as opposed to the ridiculously shaggable "flavor of the week"?

I laugh at your eyeroll....hahahahahaha!

edit - changed "highly" to ridiculously

nickGreenwood

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick Greenwood
I guess who's to say that they will be joining Sam and Dean? They had Gordon who basically turned against the brothers. Why not have these two girls be on both the good and bad side and fight demon's and the brothers.
I'll wait and see what happens, I'm sure Kripke will do things right.

I also vote for Kristen Bell. :)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
But should she go the easy route and be "funny and confident," or play against type and go for "brutal and ruthless?" That's the only question left, because it's a done deal as far as I'm concerned!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks