What's new

Supernatural Season 1 (1 Viewer)

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Has anyone seen this show that can give a proper review? I've been thinking about picking this series up this coming Tuesday but haven't done any research on whether it's decent enough to pick up.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
It's pretty much The X-Files with younger and prettier people. :) Seriously though, I caught most of the episodes over the summer and it's pretty good and is easily the best horror/spooky TV show in years.

I plan on picking it up but I'm going to cheap out and wait a few months for Best Buy or Target to have it in another sale on WB TV sets.

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
Can't really do a decent review... but... I love the show... is my favorite of last year's new shows. The brothers face all kinds of ghost and creatures... some even being famous urban legends like Bloody Mary and The Hook Man. I never missed an episode... and I already have my copy pre-ordered (and shipped). :)

Brent_H

Second Unit
is there any kind of ongoing story? I reallly do not like series that just have a monster/case of the week. It's hard for me to maintain interest.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter

it's kinda both. The whole series STARTS with an ongoing story from their childhood (in the first five minutes of the pilot, you learn all you need to know about why they have grown up the way they did). But yet there are also a lot of standalone episodes that also have references to the bigger arc.

Technically, if you like the pilot episode (which sets everything into motion, why the Winchesters care about the supernatural, why Sam ends up dropping his law school aspiration and ends up joining Dean permanantly, the interaction between the two brothers, the comic timing of Dean, the type of structure the show uses, etc...), you should like the rest.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
personally, I would recommend Supernatural to any Joss fan, this is the closest thing to new Angel and Buffy that you're going to get on television right now (Veronica Mars comes close tho but I'm just starting to watch that).

Blair G

Second Unit
Real Name
Blair G.
This thread and another currently running have convinced me to buy this.

Plus, my interest is piqued because they've been filming episodes about a block from where I live for a week now. Saw one cool scene (no pun intended) where a stunt woman gets set on fire.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Unfortunately, yes, there is an ongoing story (I'm your opposite...I love the monster of the week episodes and find it hard to maintain interest in an ongoing dramatic arc). But I still LOVE the show! :D

My set is also pre-ordered. :emoji_thumbsup:

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete

LOL... Oh I love Ghost Whisperers too!!! It is my 2nd favorite show of last year... but I have to admit...Supernatural pulls ahead by just a hair. Mainly because it is more horror related where Ghost Whisperers is more of a dramatic show. But both shows are awesome!
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Yeah, I'm just kidding. GW was a good way to decompress after all the violence of the other shows I watched. It was a lot kinder. But, that doesn't mean I don't like the violence, too.

Got the set today, and I like the packaging, but I'm a little disappointed that no pictures of Meg are included. The artwork under the discs is great, though.

Daryl L

Supporting Actor
Yeah baby! Just ordered mine yesterday. Was waiting on DeepDiscountDVD to undercut everybody elses cost. ;)

Hank E

Stunt Coordinator

The sticker says "Supernatural at the museum of television & radio's paley television festival. Q&A with cast and creative team."

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Yeah, that's it. I haven't watched it yet, but what Jared and Jensen have to say is pretty funny from reading the transcripts, and Kripke has some interesting comments about different things including why he went with a rock soundtrack. Again, haven't watched it, but I think it's worth the couple bucks to get it at Best Buy.

Also, last night, I watched the pilot for the first time since it originally aired. Still fun. Everything that made the show good was right there from the start.

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
I just got my set today... Already watched the pilot episode! :)

So far the only drawback I see with this set is the overlapping discs. I would have much prefered double thinpaks. But hey... at least it's another great series added to my collection!

Daryl L

Supporting Actor
Goshdarnitall!!! I really, really, really hate those overlapping disc holders. They may look nice but they were a really, really, really stupid, idiotic design idea. :angry: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I would definately recommend this show to anyone who's a fan of horror and comedy, it's also one of my favorites of last year, the chemistry between the two brothers is great! :emoji_thumbsup:

BTW, Ghost Whisperer is probably my second fave of last year also. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks