What's new

Supernatural ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I like that, also.

Dean strikes me as sort of a young moderen day Van Helsing, fiercley tracking monsters and ghosts wherever they may rear their ugly heads because he knows the pain of losing someone close to him, his/their mother, and possibly their dad, too.

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
Cool creepy episodes so far. Next week, an exorcism in a plane. I'm a sucker for exorcisms. This should be interesting.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
"Phantom Traveler" aired..10/4/05

Another enjoyable episode. Just curious in the show the brothers talked about a plane that was haunted becuase it used parts from a crashed plane. A few years ago on the show "The Others". Their was an episode called "Souls on Board" that dealt with that issue. A plane is haunted by the crew from a crashed plane due to reused parts. I will have to watch the "Others" episode again to see if its the same flight number the brothers said in last nights episode.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Dean's freakout over his fear of flying was hilarious!

"Why do you think I drive everywhere, Sam!" :laugh:

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Enjoyable episode, but it sure seemed very pre-9/11. Are there really still airports that are that open? At DFW, non-passengers only have access to the baggage claim. The seating area is off-limits. Also, the plane seemed pretty accessible as well. I think if someone was walking around, acting as strangely as Dean was with the Walkman, the air marshal would have a little chat with him.

Paul Sandhu

Supporting Actor
Its crazy how they film in and around Vancouver. The airport was Vancouver International, I wonder if Jensen Akles (sp?) visits the Smallville set.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I didn't know they were filming up there. It's kind of nice seeing a "normal" airport again.

There was one moment in the show where I thought sure they were going to slip in a joke, but they didn't. Sometimes modern shows go overboard with one-liners, and it kills the reality, so I'm not sure it's a bad thing, but here's what I thought was going to happen in the scene where Dean was going to confront the flight attendant, and Sam kept calling him back (dialog from memory, so not totally accurate):

"Say the name of God and see if she flinches."
"Okay."
"Wait!"
"What?"
"Say it in Latin!"
"I know that!"
"Wait!"
"WHAT?"
"If it turns out she's cool, could you bring me back a bag of peanuts?"

Of course, he really said, "God in Latin is 'Christo.'" I kind of like my version, though. :)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
That would have been funny, but they would have had to reverse roles as it would be more within Dean's character to make the "peanut" comment. :laugh:

Sam is more serious.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
That's true.

The next scene was a great one. Interviewing a suspected possessee is harder than you might think.

"Christo."

"Excuse me?"

"Christo."

"I don't. . . ."

"Never mind."

Kevin Grey

Senior HTF Member
Very happy to see Supernatural just got picked up for a full season (though not surprised considering it has been doing well by WB standards).

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Coolness!! :emoji_thumbsup:

As Kevin said:

*dance*dance*dance* A series I like avoided cancellation! *dance*dance*dance*

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Awesome! Unless things change drastically, I plan to own this one on DVD. Good to know it'll be a full set.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
Cool deal. Nice to know that things will play out at least for one full season. It's one of the few of the new shows that I still have programmed in the DVR. So many HD shows, so little hard drive space!

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Late to the party this week, fella's, but I just got around to watching this weeks ep and I am loving the shit out of this show more and more!

Dean just kills me, his reaction to the idea of flying was a gas, and his nervousness causing him to hum Metallica tunes was even funnier! :laugh: So, does anyone here think that the demon had a hand in the death of his girlfriend, or was it just reading his mind like Dean said?

I'm convinced of it now, I think that we have found a worthy successor to 'Buffy' and 'Angel', the humor, mysteries and sense of comraderie between the brothers is very Whedon-ish.

And of course, there's the music once again, Ozzy, Metallica...damn! :) :emoji_thumbsup:

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
I'm really enjoying this show as well! So far, it's way more entertaining than my more highly-anticipated "Invasion" and "Threshold".

John, I do think that demon had something to do with the girlfriend's death, or at least knew about it. (Hey -- demons must talk shop!) ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks