What's new

Supernatural ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Daryl L

Supporting Actor
I just checked 3 times to be sure. It's hard to hear but he definately said "Sam, check it out".

George Caronan

Stunt Coordinator
Hey...there's a thread about this show which I stumbled on. "Supernatural" is quite good. The banter between the two leads is quite amusing. There are some attractive gals thrown in for eye candy for the male audience. Being a Led-Zeppelin devotee, it is funny how they were referenced twice already on the show through Dean [Jensen Ackles]. I don't remember what episodes they were on but this is how I recall them...

"Zeppelin rules!" [kid to Dean with a high five]

Dean talking to an individual on the porch...
"I'm John Bonham."
"Isn't he the drummer for Led-Zeppelin?"
"Classic rock fan, I see."

Although it is wishful thinking, I'd love to see the band grant the series permission to use one of their songs for the show. After all, they did license "Immigrant Song" to "School of Rock."
"Classic

Lauren Dayap

Stunt Coordinator

Ok just wondering did you hear that on the west coast? Supposedly it was changed for the west coast people but on the east coast (and the copy I got from "somwheres ;)") Jensen DEFINITELY said "Jared" its even on Youtube.com. If you do a search on "Supernatural" you can find it

Lauren Dayap

Stunt Coordinator
Hey guys just saw this news on supernatural.tv

After all this time, we've finally gotten the release date for the season one DVD in the US! According to tvshowsondvd.com the set is due out on Sept 5th!

Included is the eagerly awaited gag reel, a day in the life of Jensen and Jared, commentaries, and a sneak peek at season 2.

More info can be found here

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Gotta drop in long enough to say the Triumph "previously on" segment managed to kick even more ass than last week's! Now, back to the show. :D

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Wow. All I can say right now is, it's going to be a long five or so months.

And let's get out of the way the jokes about how they should have been riding in a VW. ;)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

:laugh:

Wow! The boys took a beatin' in the season finale, especially poor Sam, he got beat down hard by that demon. :frowning: Dean's comment about the demon monologuing got a laugh out of me despite their dire situation, it was a short lived laugh, though, what the hell was the demon doing to Dean?

I expected to see Dean's heart torn out of his chest by magic, I couldn't look. :frowning: Oh yeah, this shows coming back for another season, how the hell could it not LOL!? I didn't know the song at the beginning this week, though, who was it?

Agreed, Greg, a long few months ahead indeed, but I have a funny feeling that John and the boy's are okay. ;) BTW, was that their freind who was driving the truck?

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I couldn't tell. They shoot this show so dark I can't see what's happening half the time anyway.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I don't think it was Bobby. Looked similar, but I think he was scrawnier. I don't know for sure, though.

BTW, did I hear right? Was Bobby's dog named Rumsfeld?

Triumph, man! Dude, walk or bike your ass down to the store and get a Triumph CD if you don't know Fight the Good Fight. You need it! Or, did you mean the OTHER song? That was Joe Walsh's Turn to Stone.

I just, I was in awe over the recap. It was completely brilliant last week, and they topped it. I freaking LOVE that song. Both songs, really, but man oh man. I hope they keep this up. It might be best if it's a finale time thing, though, so it stays special.

BTW, the brother stuff between Sam and Dean continues to be amazing. The "I'll have to bury you" thing, and also the demon getting at Dean's fears that he's an outsider in the relationship between John and Sam. Great stuff.

Also, Lauren made a great call that needs to be mentioned: the scene last episode where Sam threw Dean against a wall when Dean said none of it would bring their mother or Jessica back was a mirror reversal of a scene in the pilot where Dean slammed Sam for the same reason. That's brilliant stuff.

Last thing, while this episode continues to sink in. The effect of the special Colt was awesome. I thought Dean tazered the dude at first, but it was . . . more permanent. ;)

Okay, real last thing: a tear for Meg, the real Meg. She went through Hell, literally. I can't believe Bobby would even entertain letting her continue to be animated by the demon. What would that buy her? But, it's tough knowing somebody innocent has to die.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
John, there are several Triumph songs I'm confident you'll like. Maybe you know them already and just don't know the names. Another great one is Lay It On the Line, and I also love Spellbound and Follow Your Heart. Magic Power was a hit, but it's not my favorite. I have an aversion to songs about music.

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
Wow, what a way to end the season...what a cliffhanger. So now this frigging demon is still out there. For a while there, I thought they would finally kill it and in true Buffy fashion, move on to the next big bad next season. But this saga continues.

Yes, the truck driver definately looked like their friend.

BTW, that last scene with the guys in the car just talking and the truck crashing into them out of nowhere has become a cliche already...how many times has it been used? Already seen in the movie The Forgotten, the TV show Alias and a few more that escape me at the moment.

It's all good though. I just LOVE this show!

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
There was an example of it on another show this season as well.

Prison Break

I'm not sure how you can know whether you want to read that spoiler or not, but it's just a show title. And, it's a pretty minor development and I don't name the involved.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
What an great finale...And awesome news about the dvd set. I hope someone asks if the music will be intact. What a shame if it isn't.

I hope they don't kill the Dad off...It ruins the fact that Sam didn't kill him right before. I also think it takes something away from the show if he is dead. Not that he has to stay with them. I also like the idea of other "hunters" out there.

Finally, while this has to do with Supernatural. It is also a question about other movies dealing with the devil and demons......
Where the heck is God and his helpers??? Just once I would love to see a situation where say Sam & Dean are basically screwed (like last night) and some divine force helps them out. Although, it one episode the ghost of their mom helps them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks