What's new

Supernatural ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
A while back, I think someone posted in the Veronica Mars thread about somebody called Kristin at the E! Channel trying to save that show with an e-mail campaign. Now, she's doing the same for Supernatural. If you have any interest in her effort:

http://www.eonline.com/Gossip/Kristi...06/060421.html

I think the show's pretty safe, but you can participate if you think it'll help.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I can't believe the show is "On the fence"?!? Whats that BS. I heard its doing pretty well in the ratings. But, so was Now & Again and John Doe....And we know what happened then. :frowning:

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
If they can this show, I will lose it, seriously, it may just be enough to push me over the edge of sanity from which I shall not recover.

I'll just sit in an empty room drooling and staring blankly at the wall muttering to myself.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I assume it's more than on the fence, myself. Two of the CW's pool of hit shows are going before the merger even happens: 7th Heaven and Charmed. With the shows that are left, the standout hits seem to be Smallville, Everybody Hates Chris, America's Next Top Model, Gilmore Girls, Supernatural, One Tree Hill, Everwood and Veronica Mars. Veronica Mars is sometimes said to be on shaky ground, but that's not a huge pool of shows. I can't see that they can afford to lose any of them. Maybe they have some big potential hits in the works that can replace some of those, but I just don't see them risking good performers instead of finding a slot for a new show. I don't watch all of the shows above, but that actually looks like a pretty winning slate to me.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
It seems to be right behind Smallville in the ratings, so unless Smallville is also "on the fence," I don't think we need to worry too much.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Good ep, but I wish John had waited a few minutes to open the valve. He could have doused them instead of keeping them at bay. Also, I kind of wish they could have double-lengthed it instead of two-parted it. Oh, well. More to look forward to.

BrianBr

Agent
If the demon only kills mothers when their baby turns 6 months old, how come it killed Jess? I don't think she and Sam had a kid together!

-Brian

derek

Second Unit
Boy this show just kicks butt. Talk about an awesome opening montage headed by Kansas' appropriately spritually themed 'Carry on Wayward Son.' I musta replayed it five times it sounded killer through my theater system. Ended with a cliffhanger but still a meaty episode. I can't wait till next week. The show mixes gritty reality with heartfelt drama and the cast just hits it out of the ballpark every episode. I really hope Dad doesn't die. As Dean said they are all we got!

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Actually, that didn't make any sense anyway. To start the show, Meg walked right into a church and killed a priest, presumably with some sort of holy object/blade that she took away from the priest after he'd taken it from his "special" collection. Yet a little holy water stops them dead in their tracks?

And as BrianBr said, how does Jess/Sam fit into the demon's "6-month old infant" pattern?

In general, I love the show but they do seem to contradict their own logic quite often.

And for Dean's self-professed phobia of "chick flick moments," he's been having quite a few himself lately. ;)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
It could have been a normal blade. It's kind of a shame that they killed off two hunters in the span of two episodes, because both looked like potentially interesting recurring characters. Next season, I hope they have some grizzled old armorer who taught John pop up every now and again.

I won't argue that, since some of the sloppy writing has really bothered me in the past. But, maybe it was just the fact that the demon is set against the Winchester, or maybe it has something to do with whatever the connection is to Sam and his power.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
WOW! Just watched the first part of the season finale and man, as was said already, this show kicks ass and takes names! :emoji_thumbsup:

I am really liking the dad character, John, I feel so bad for him, he's obviously had a hard life because of this demon and it has destroyed his family and their future.

His hatred of this evil is palpable and it fuels and informs everything he does and everything we see him do. He's a man destroyed and a man obsessed and I can't think of another character on tv that feels more real and tragic.

Leaving Sam and Dean to fight the demon alone was hard for him, but it was perhaps inevitable that they would fight it alone, it's just too bad they failed to kill it, but they'll get another chance i'm sure, especially now that they know the signs that the demon is about to strike somewhere.

As for the demon going after Jessica and Sam, who knows, but i'm willing to be patient and find out, i'm not going to write it off as sloppy writing prematurly. Remember, it's only the first season, guy's, they won't tell us everything right this second.

And YES! I LOVED the opening montage with that song! They had better include that in the dvd set, it was very unique doing it that way. :emoji_thumbsup:

Lastly, I want to see that smug little she-bitch Meg bite it hard! :angry:

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I hope they don't kill her too soon. It's sometimes a mistake to throw away a good recurring character. They may be setting it up for her to go and the other guy to be the new recurring baddie, though.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
so is it a sure thing a season 2 is happening? I thought Supernatural was doing great for WB until I saw it on a "On The Fence" list, and I was sure it was one of the top 5 shows on WB and one of the most likely contenders to make it to CW

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
No one will know until the CW announces their fall line-up sometime in mid-May.

If it's truly "on the fence," then it's one of the higher ranking shows in that category. It's probably closer to straddling the line between "safe" and "on the fence" rather than the lower end of the scale.

nickGreenwood

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick Greenwood
It was a bit funny to see the guy who plays John Winchester on Grey's Anatomy last night. I was flipping the channel on the tv over to ABC before I went to bed and there he was. Still scruffy but in light, that was the weirdest part.

Anyway I can't help but love this show, I still love the opening of "Carry On My Wayward Son" by Kansas in the previously on section it was easily the best previously on I've seen and I actually watched it all the way through, I hardly ever watch those things.
This show better get picked up for a Season 2. I don't know what they'd do, but Kripke and crew have got the Whedonverse thing being channeled, so I think they'll do alright.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
My guess is that, after this seasons crisis is over, it'll settle back into another season of fighting assorted demons, ghosts and monsters until the crisis for that season arises.

Buffy used to do that until the last couple of seasons when the BIG crisis was the main spotlight.

Lauren Dayap

Stunt Coordinator

The upfronts for CW I think is May 18th in NYC (not sure where exactly...maybe Madison Square Garden like The WB did?) sooo here's to hoping for a second season!!! I WANT more fix of Winchester boys and classic rock/metal! :cool: :cool: :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks