What's new

Supernatural on TheWB? (1 Viewer)

julienUK

Stunt Coordinator
oh!!!!!

ahahahhah
That's wy I couldn't understand anything!
lol
Both show started about the same time ere in the UK.

Being French doesn't help sometimes!

Thanks and sorry for the mistake.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member

It's a Warner Bros release, so I doubt this is even an issue, but I'll ask them the next time I speak to someone there. They've only replaced....3 songs out of all their titles, so their track record is very, very good.

Gord

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
This news just made my day! :emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup:

I'm not TOO worried about the music, Smallville has made it to dvd with all of it's music intact so I have high hopes for Supernatural.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter

well, Warner is the same company that will not release Cold Case on DVD because of music

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Thanks, Gord. We wouldn't be DVD fans if we weren't worried about something, though.

Yeah, but the music on Supernatural is so much better! That's got to make it more difficult to clear. :D

Daryl L

Supporting Actor
Awesome news! At this moment I feel like a little kid on christmas morn. :D I hope they use the slim cases. ;)

Daryl L

Supporting Actor
I think they should be released atleast two months before the fall season hits. That would give people who missed S1 to buy it and without having to rush have time to watch S1 before S2 begins.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Great news!!!

I can only hope that Warner was able to negotiate dvd rights to the songs when they negotiated the origing use rights for the tv airings.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I know that as soon as I get this set, i'm immediately going to watch the entire first season back-to-back, it should take me 3 or 4 days. ;)

You got me there lol.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member

Right, but there's a big difference between those two shows; one is coming, while the other isn't.

Gord

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
The studio has GOT to know how popular the music component is on this show. To release it to DVD with replacement or missing music would be retail suicide.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter

umm... Supernatural is my #2 show right now... actually only one of two shows I actually make a point to be at home and by the TV when it airs. I don't even WATCH Cold Case, so you're preaching to the wrong person. I have tons of pictures of Jensen Ackles downloaded to my computer because I have that big of a thing for him. However, Supernatural does use just as much "classic" music as Cold Case, Wonder Years and other shows do.

I believe WB was smart enough to negotiate every song as soon as they got them to use in the episodes because by 2005, WB knew that this show would have an audience who'd buy the DVD by the pilot episode, plus I think Supernatural has much more of a "cult" appeal in training to it, similar to that of what X-Files or Buffy became, while at best, Cold Case would be similar to Without A Trace, which gets good ratings but hasn't fared so hotly on DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks