Supernatural on TheWB?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Daryl L, May 2, 2006.

1. Daryl L

Daryl L Supporting Actor

Any DVD release anouncement for this show yet? I really enjoy this show.

2. Jay_B!

Jay_B! Screenwriter

I think it's going to come sometime soon... Jared Padalecki said in an interview several weeks back that him and Jensen had already filmed some extras for the DVD.

I suspect we'll see it in August/September, just in time for season 2 to premiere. I'll definately be getting

3. Pete Battista

Pete Battista Screenwriter

Pete
    I sure hope so! I can't wait to add this one to my collection!

4. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Executive Producer

John Williamson

Hopefully there will even be a season 2, it's still "on the fence" [​IMG] which I find absurd everytime I read about it, this show freakin' rocks!!

If the WB cans this show, they need their god dammned heads examined.

I'm also eagerly awaiting the first season on dvd, and hopefully they'll include that awesome opening montage from this weeks ep with that song 'Carry On our Wayward Son' included. [​IMG]

5. julienUK

julienUK Stunt Coordinator

I watched the pilot on cable here, and two other episodes.
    I didn't really understand the plot at all!
    lol is tehre something to do with water or something? I Really like the feel of the show but I think it's a bit like 24 you shouldn't miss any episodes!!
    The other plus is the hot guy from Sunset beach! lol

6. Inspector Hammer!

John Williamson
    There was one ep that dealt with water and the ghost of a little boy, but other than that water doesn't play into anything.

It's pretty simple, Sam, Dean and their dad John are a family of demon/ghost/monster hunters who are out to track down and destroy the demon that killed their mom and Sam's college girlfriend, Jesse. The demon basically ruined their lives and they want payback. Trust me things becomes much clearer the further into the show you get.

It's really heating up and IMO is the best show of it's kind since The X Files and Buffy the Vampire Slayer. [​IMG]

7. julienUK

julienUK Stunt Coordinator

thanks for explaining, I missed loads of eps!
    The one on sunday night was about a woman stocking up mineral water, and a group of kids with guns in an empty swimming pool....
    I will probably get the dvds and watch it then.
    Thanks for the recap!!

8. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

Julien, Try to wait to watch the episodes in order. The show has a b-story arc. Not to say you can't watch the episodes in random order. Just makes the season long story make more sense.

9. DavidofLondon

DavidofLondon Stunt Coordinator

Just a quick note the DVD extras mentioned may not be for the R1 release. The first half of the season has already been announced for R2 and comes out on the 22nd of this month. See

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/85778...1/Product.html

The extra you mention may have just been filmed for the R2 release.

10. Jay_B!

Jay_B! Screenwriter

well, since it's an hour long show, not a sitcom (which they usually hold back because of syndication potential), I don't see why we won't see a R1 release as well before too long? WB usually does a good job with their shows (Gilmore, Smallville, One Tree Hill, etc..) so I don't see why there should be any reason Supernatural doesn't come out on DVD by year end, the only potential holdup is that of music rights, but IMO, at this point, the companies are probably smarter to take care of those the first time around.

11. John*D

John*D Second Unit

uh... You are mixing up ABC's INVASION with WB's SUPERNATURAL. Not the same show, which probably explains your water questions. Pretty sure it keeps saying "You are watching INVASION" on the bottom of the screen after every commerial. Definitely not the same show.

Supernatural airs on the WB on Thursday nights in the US. Tomorrow, May 4th, is the season finale.

Here is a trailer for tomorrow's season finale: http://thewb.warnerbros.com/web/vide...p?id=SN121-trl

* Gotta love seeing Subject 117 again!

p.s. Its pretty much a given that Supernatural will be on CW's fall schedule. Paired up with Smallville its the bomb-digg-a-dee-bomb for ratings! haha. I think they said they would be releasing the fall schedule this month, MAY. Crosses fingers.

12. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg

You're thinking of Invasion, which is an entirely different show. You definitely won't understand Invasion if you don't watch it from the beginning. Well, you could maybe pick up on things after a while, but it's definitely a "novel for television."

13. MarkHarrison

MarkHarrison Supporting Actor

I've not heard anything official, but the rumors I've heard for the past few months definately have Supernatural in the lineup. I've never heard about it being "on the fence".

I'd have to say that this is my favorite new show of the season. By a long shot. It even ranks pretty high on my favorite shows of all time. I just hope that season 2 can keep up the same quality.

14. Steve Phillips

Steve Phillips Screenwriter

I've seen unofficial reports of a first season release on HD-DVD also.

15. MarkHarrison

I did some more digging. I guess it's not as sure as I had thought, but it's looking good. You can see more at Eonline.

16. MarcoAD

MarcoAD Stunt Coordinator

August would be one hell of a TV month for me if they ended up going releasing it then. This, Prison Break & ROME will probably mark the first time I've bought 3 TV sets in a month in a LONG time.

Either way I share everybody elses enthusiasm for this show. I REALLY ended up enjoying it and I can't wait to enjoy it at home with surround sound, etc.

17. Inspector Hammer!

John Williamson

Have you been keeping track of the on-going thread in the tv programming area? It's been/being discussed as we speak and it's baffling to say the least.

"On the fence", a great show like this? [​IMG] My ass.

EDIT: I see you found out what I was talking about, please excuse this post, Mark.

18. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    HD-DVD? Well, this might push me into the format.

19. Daryl L

Daryl L Supporting Actor

Thx all. The music rights also gave me concerns about it's release. Some awesome jams in the show. I can't wait for this on DVD. It's really good/fun to watch.
    I definately have to agree with you there John. [​IMG]

20. MarkHarrison

No I haven't. But I just scanned through all 10 pages. It was actually kind of fun. It was also odd that your comments on the show sound like they were pulled directly from my brain. [​IMG]