What's new

Superman ... ZZZzzzzzzzz (1 Viewer)

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
"daredevil in the comics is slender and lithe and has the body of a dancer or gymnast (just like spiderman)"

That depends on whos drawing him.

My problems with DD have nothing to do with Affleck.

"I agree that the second half of the movie drags, that the comedy is self-defeating (including Gene Hackman) and that the leading lady (Margot Kidder) isn't particularly good, hot, or smart, or anything required"

Actually I think Hackmans Luthor is one of the only problems with this film. Hes not bad, but not the way I would have liked to see Luthor portrayed.It bothers me Luthor would weara wig.

Oh, and I think Margot does look good in this film(and Valerie looks great).

I just LOVE this movie.
IMHO only Spidey2 comes close.

Ernest Rister

Senior HTF Member
"The leading lady (Margot Kidder) isn't particularly good, hot, or smart, or anything required"

Kidder was great. Her natural intelligence shines in the role. Completely believable casting. And why does Lois have to be "hot"? Why can't she be *real*? How many city beat reporters do you know who have the bodies of strippers?

Go take a shower.

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
Lots of people in the '70's thought Margot was plenty hot. Her spread in Playboy sold TONS of copies.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
While the scene you alluded to in your spoiler does seem far-fetched, the fact of the matter is that DC did a whole series of "time travel" stories for Superman back in the late 60's, and this is the way he went back into the past.
Well, it IS a comic book movie. And you don't think a man flying is a bit far fetched??

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Question...
If Lew Landers died in 1962, why does he have a directors credit in the 1973 Superman?

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Henry the star of the 1973 Superman is George Reeves who died in 1959.
Does that answer your question? The 1973 Superman is 4 old 50's episodes cobbled together.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Thanks Steve...this is why I should have a 3 day waiting period before I hit. "Submit Reply."

Henry

Phyllis Coates was the HOT Lois Lane!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks