What's new

Superman: The Ultimate Collection DVD Set (1 Viewer)

J-EL

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
J

What? It was just a joke because a lot of the time other regions get cooler packaging, special editions, and such when R1 just gets a single disc release and not so nice packaging. How could find something like that offensive? :crazy:

Real Name
Anthony
Well, I wouldn't go so far as to call it offensive but those of us in the rest of the world who have to import 80 percent of our dvds from region one because the R1 disc is superior might find your comment a bit annoying.

Here's a challenge for you J-El : For every disc you can name that has a better edition in another region, I'll name you ten that are better in R1, or that don't even exist outside R1. And I won't even mention the fact that 90 percent of them you'll get both sooner and cheaper.

Sorry but it pisses me off. You are treated better by the DVD companies than anyone else on the planet. Every now and then we get thrown a special edition a bit earlier than you but it always gets to you eventually and it's usually the better for it.

Right. Got that off my chest. Back to the thread . . .

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
From dvdcompare.net:

WINNERS BY REGION:
Region 1: 2586
Region 2: 1475
Region 3: 111
Region 4: 118
Region 5: 9
Region 6: 0
Region 0: 1021
Draw: 4212

That's not including the 13/14 disc Superman set. :)

See how I brought it back on topic? :D

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member

This is an amazing site where I bought some amazing editions

htf_images_smilies_rock.gif

J-EL

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
J
I really hope they have something on the post-production process. Such as visual effects, editing, and scoring. But sadly, this looks to just be footage from the principal photography and nothing at all concerning the post-production. Which is a major bummer to say the least. I'd like at least something concerning the post-production. The making of a film doesn't stop after principal photography wraps. And to not include anything about the post-production in a documentary that runs nearly three hours is just asinine. They've got plenty of time to include a 20-30 minute segment on the post-production. I'm sure that the documentary itself will be fantastic. And I'm extremely happy that we're getting a three hour documentary full of wonderful behind the scenes footage. Of that I have little doubt, but I would have liked to see it cover the post-production of the film, which would make it feel more comprehensive. I mean look at "The Beginning" on The Phantom Menace DVD. It's only an hour long, yet it goes through the whole process, from writing the first word to the designing, to the shooting, to the effects, to the scoring, to the editing, and finally the release. It's a complete documentary. What we're getting here seems to only be half, even though it's three hours long. As it stands, the only look at post that we'll see is in the "Creating Jor-El" featurette.

http://www.bluetights.net/theplanet/...&postcount=119

Contrary to what this guy says, I'll bet that there will be a new DVD version before the sequel hits in 2009. :)

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Quite disappointing bit about commentaries. Reading that was like a revelation. So THAT'S why Warners seems to have been skimping on commentaries! And when Disney includes them, they don't even advertise them. Remember all those polls that you used to see online about what your favorite special features were? Maybe we've killed the audio commentary. :frowning:

Matthew Clayton

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone know why the 14-disc set is available for preorder from many online stores (as well as the Superman re-releases), but how Superman Returns isn't up for preorder yet? Is Warner trying to make more profits by making people wait until 2 weeks before it's released before making it available to order online?

The box set is cool and all, but I'm pretty content with my 2001 Superman disc and all I want is the Donner cut of Superman II and Superman Returns.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone know if Superman I and II (not Donner cut) are actually new transfers, or just existing ones (with presumably better compression)? I do know that Superman II will contain a 5.1 track.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg

My guess would be that the extended edition of Superman The Movie that was on the first DVD will be same, while the original theatrical version coming to DVD for the first time will be from a new transfer.

I'd be really surprised if Warners just recycled the old transfers...they're classier than that. I'm not expecting the films to look as if they were made yesterday using the same Hi-Def cameras that shot Superman Returns, but I am expecting them to look better than I've ever seen them in my lifetime.

Brad M

Second Unit

Not sure why you can't preorder it yet but in the latest issue of Batman: Detective Comics, there is an ad for the 2-disc set on 11/28. Rest assured, you will be able to get it.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
You can pre-order Superman Returns (both the single and two disc versions) on Amazon right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks